what would be the easiest way of routing all the cavities(sp) in a solid body guitar without using a router?

thanx
um to router something.... i dont know how to put this, but you need a router to route something out... hence the name
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
why not a router? i mean you could use forstner bits and chisels but its much easier just to route it.
I'm too poor to afford a router so I used really ****ty methods to rout a pickup hole. Basically I drilled a bunch of big holes then used a screwdriver to hack it up enough to gouge out the rest with a flathead. It's a good thing that **** is covered up by the pickguard, it's embarrassing.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
i know i need a router to do it neatly, but im still in school and have no money to buy one and was just wondering how i could do it.
Last edited by tom708 at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by CM_X5
I'm too poor to afford a router so I used really ****ty methods to rout a pickup hole. Basically I drilled a bunch of big holes then used a screwdriver to hack it up enough to gouge out the rest with a flathead. It's a good thing that **** is covered up by the pickguard, it's embarrassing.

ont be embarresed.... eddie van halen did that on his guitar
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
you have access to that? you could drill holes with forstner bits to remove the bulk and then chisel the outline.
i can get access to it and i think my dads got one in the garage.
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
ont be embarresed.... eddie van halen did that on his guitar

I didn't know that.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
+1 to the drill press and chisels idea, that's what I'm doing on my guitar (although I have access to a router, my woodshop teacher won't let me use it for some strange reason...)
A dremel can also be used for routing. Its time consuming though. Its advised you use an extension (they're about $30) to give you more control and reach.
how do u attach the chisel to the drill press? dont laugh at me. i have no idea
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
how do u attach the chisel to the drill press? dont laugh at me. i have no idea

Whoooa! Not how you do it!

If your planning on building a guitar, you're really going to need to have more knowledge than to not know that you drill out the cavity with drill bits, then chisel it to a clean amount.

Read up on woodworking techniques, tools and probably take a woodwork class at school.
lol i did woodwork in year 7 and 8 now i forgot most of it. so you dont attach it to the drill press aye. screw that. i'll get a router
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer