If I were to install some of my games to an external hard drive and then play them while the hard drive was connected to my comp thru the usb drive, would the games run noticeably slower? I ask because my computer is low on hard drive space and since its a laptop, my only real option is to use my external drive or start deleting stuff
Slower, yes. Noticeably? I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think so, if you have enough RAM and processing power. I would just delete some stuff. What kind of games? New, graphically demanding games?
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Im thinking about moving my older games like Americas Army and Halo 1 to the external drive, maybe WoW too. While leaving Half Life 2 on this computer
well considering i managed to install an operating system and everything else that goes along with it on a external usb drive (my ide controller broke so it wouldnt read hard drives) and it works perfectly but i also have usb 2.0 and a 1.5 ghz proccessor and its a laptop but i put linux on it so its fast no matter wat but you should have no problem
Ok after reading this I think ill experiment with Halo 1 and see if its any different. If that works Ill start adding other games over
Should work fine, No problems.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
External HD may have a much slower access speed than the internal memory. Some of those things are really ****ing slow, especially if you don't index them (I think).

-SD
Well can't take too long to do it and find out!
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life