Hi there,
Have stock pick ups.
so many out there!
could any1 tell me what pick ups would closest achieve a Jimi Hendrix sound
and what pick ups would acheive a queen we will rock you sound .
also what pick ups will acheive a Metallica sound
Thanks alot i currently have a schecter omen extreme diamond series pretty good for metal. im considering getting something for more Queen , Jimi what do you think maybe a fender strat? or tele?
Thanks for any help!
get a strat. keep ur schecter pickups for metal.

just out of curiosity, what kind of amp do u use?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Pickups alone won't get you the sounds you want. And I bet half the Hendrix pedals out there won't make you sound exactly the same. If you have a good amp, and the necessary effects, plus good technique you should be able to hit stuff right on single coils. A good strat would probably be your best option right now for both Hendrix and Queen.
Nobody will hit an exact Hendrix tone, there isn't one. He was always too stoned to realize where he was.

+1 to ECistheBest for his great advice.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
thanks.
i have a cheap Peavey Rage 158 .... with a smaller than stock "Custom" speaker .
rather bad but it was cheap off a friend.
I dont know much about guitar amps.
Any recommendations?
Do amps effect style of sound as much as pick ups then?
Thanks alot
Amps effect your tone a great deal. I won't slap a percentage on that, but consider the fact that the amp is what "creates" the sound by processing the electric signal coming from the guitar. Unless you can afford to spend quite a bit or buy more than one amp, I'd focus on one or two sounds you want from an amp and go with that. If you have very little experience with amps, my recommendation is to go out and get some. Take a trip to your local guitar megamart and sit and play as many amps as you can, just get a sense of the difference in clean tones and distortions.
Hi, I'm Peter
iv been doing some snooping on the net and apparently the Vox ad30vt is a good amp for queen etc. and general all around performance. what do you guys think? theres one on ebay for about £60 worth it?
I'd get the Seymour Duncan hot rodd set. They do it all apparently
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
The AD30VT would be a good place to start. Also check out the Roland Cube series.

Quote by Nemesis260
I'd get the Seymour Duncan hot rodd set. They do it all apparently

They definitely don't do it all; the JB is one of the least versatile pickups I've ever played.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
The AD30VT would be a good place to start. Also check out the Roland Cube series.

a cube for classic rock? meh, that's the reason I'm getting rid of mine, I can't stand the lower gain settings. The AD30 should sound pretty good for that Hendrix and Queen.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
a cube for classic rock? meh, that's the reason I'm getting rid of mine, I can't stand the lower gain settings. The AD30 should sound pretty good for that Hendrix and Queen.

He seems to play metal also . Just giving him options.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
thanks alot for the help.
ill set my sights on one then tell you what i think when i get it (eventually!)
Thanks again
iv just seen the Vox AD50VT for around £140 on ebay. i read some reviews and heard a few bad things like they have a plastic jack input which isnt to good! does any one own this amp or know about them?
thanks for any info!
All Wars Are civil Wars ....Because All Men Are Brothers