I have an Ibanez GSR200 and I'm either going to put some DiMarzio DP126's or some Passive EMG's in it. Which would be better?
i don't hear much about DiMarzio's stuff for bass but i know it's friggin awesome for guitars for metal. EMG's are punchy and pretty good for metal too.... Plz give us a couple bands that you like the tone of the bass from. or at least describe the sound you want...also maybe you should look into getting a new bass or amp first as your bass is a beginner's bass.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
i don't hear much about DiMarzio's stuff for bass but i know it's friggin awesome for guitars for metal. EMG's are punchy and pretty good for metal too.... Plz give us a couple bands that you like the tone of the bass from. or at least describe the sound you want...also maybe you should look into getting a new bass or amp first as your bass is a beginner's bass.

Well bands i like are Lamb Of God, Behemoth, Job For A Cowboy, Children Of Bodom, Slayer, Metallica, etc.

And i've also never heard about DiMarzio's stuff but i actually got to play the EMG's and i love the sound.
Also im not getting a new guitar because im in love with this bass and its better and more comfortable to me then most big fancy guitars so im going to keep this untill i get my Warwick.As for an amp, i have a 120w Behringer and my band thinks its fine for now so we're gonna do a couple gigs,make some money, and then buy me a Half Stack.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i like the EMG's.
the GSR200 is a great bass. a new amp would probably improve the sound, more than new p-ups.

Yea i like the EMG'stoo.
Really? Well im probly gonna get the pickups first because my amp is still working perfectly and today at my band practice i found just the right setting and i love it. i just need that extra "BOOM" that some new pickups will give me.
Quote by Metalhead01492
Yea i like the EMG'stoo.
Really? Well im probly gonna get the pickups first because my amp is still working perfectly and today at my band practice i found just the right setting and i love it. i just need that extra "BOOM" that some new pickups will give me.

ok, but that Behringer 120W amp is the only reason you don't have that "boom", now. imo.
ya man, and behringer has a rap of ...umm..... catching fire, blowing up, smoking.....jsut generally being THE WORST THERE IS!!!

lmao

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....