I'm a freshman at the University of Arkansas, and I was planning on going into electrical engineering and theoretical physics, but then I realized how bad college sucks. I'm going to dropout tommorrow despite the fact that I just made a 94 on my Calculus mid-term. Anyone else having a horrible college experience also? I feel like I am the only one...
Wait... Why are you dropping out? Just because "it sucks?" You're throwing away your future because "it sucks?" That's a little... sad.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Wow, talk about jumping the gun. You can't give it some time, to make sure that it isn't what you want?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
what sucks about it? its only been a month and a half anyway.... i'm only a year ahead of you so i bet i know how you feel but you need to elaborate on your situation if anyone's going to give you any real input.
Dude, stay in school. It will get better, trust me man. I know people that thought college sucked massively but later on they thought of it as a great experiance. Trust me dude, Don't drop out. I've had crappy classes too but trust me, when your done with them other classes will seem like a piece of cake.
[Sig goes here]
Uh, are you really that stupid?

Oh, 94 on a midterm...that's not it...maybe you lack common sense. Come on, this is very immature of you. Stick with it. Are you having problems making friends or what? Not a partier?
Quote by end_citizen
I'm a freshman at the University of Arkansas, and I was planning on going into electrical engineering and theoretical physics, but then I realized how bad college sucks. I'm going to dropout tommorrow despite the fact that I just made a 94 on my Calculus mid-term. Anyone else having a horrible college experience also? I feel like I am the only one...

1)get laid

2)study hard
I hate going to class and studying, but I love the college experience. At least finish the semester and then see what your options are.

EDIT: I'm an sophomore engineering major, and it can be a little overwhelming at first, but just stick with it. And even if engineering isn't your thing, don't just quit on school.

I'll have a bourbon.
Last edited by Mr. Twelve at Oct 16, 2007,
so i'm hoping you've been paying your own way so far...
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Give it some time. You're a freshman, you've been in there for a few months. And I would fcking kill for that kind of a grade on my calculus tests. I finished it up last semester and I made the worst grade I've ever made in a class in there. So you're already doing well, just keep it. Finish a semester atleast so your credits don't waste.
You're an idiot, don't drop unless it's literally killing you.

Stop asking for attention... "I'm dropping out, this sucks... omg this sucks so much... but I GOT A 94 ON MY CALC EXAM!" Come on. Deal with it. College is the most fun you'll ever have in your life. I'm doing aerospace engineering and yeah it sucks but it's college.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by Mr. Twelve
I hate going to class and studying, but I love the college experience. At least finish the semester and then see what your options are.

Yeah, or maybe the whole year. I seriously don't see how anyone can make a solid decision about something like this in a period of a few months.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I live 45 minutes away from there, i have to get up at 6am every morning to go, work full time at a gas station to pay for it because my scholarships only pay for half of it, get home at 11:30 to go to sleep and do it all over again. Then everyone is telling me that I need to learn to manage my time better. I am taking 15 credit hours which equals 23 hours of actual class time. Then they tell me I have to study twice that (thats 46 study hours). I did the math and to get 8 hours of sleep a day, there would have to be an extra 3.5 hours in the week.

edit: to everyone telling me the classes/studying suck-no they don't, it's just that I currently have negative 3.5 hours a week of free time. And yes I have to pay for it all myself.
That's a stretch. **** the people who tell you to manage your time better, when you simply don't have any, you... don't have any. I know. I've been there.

There are always financial options. It's college. People will beg you to stay in.
Looking for my India/Django.
Honestly, there are alot of people out there who wished they could go to college, just give it some time man, not worth the trouble. Besides like someone else said just transfer if you hate it that much.
Quote by end_citizen
I live 45 minutes away from there, i have to get up at 6am every morning to go, work full time at a gas station to pay for it because my scholarships only pay for half of it, get home at 11:30 to go to sleep and do it all over again. Then everyone is telling me that I need to learn to manage my time better. I am taking 15 credit hours which equals 23 hours of actual class time. Then they tell me I have to study twice that (thats 46 study hours). I did the math and to get 8 hours of sleep a day, there would have to be an extra 3.5 hours in the week.

edit: to everyone telling me the classes/studying suck-no they don't, it's just that I currently have negative 3.5 hours a week of free time. And yes I have to pay for it all myself.

Cut back hours on your job and take out a loan if you have too. Student loans suck, but it will pay off in the long run.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by end_citizen

I work full time and commute to college and have been doing it that way for over a year. I'm a Jr. right now, I study very little, sleep very little, and everyone tells me I need to "relax and take a breather."

See, what you're finding out is that life sucks. You sound like a smart fella. Stay in school and try to break some ****ing skulls. I get 6 hrs of sleep or less a night and have gotten 8 hours of sleep or more a night once twice since July. You don't have it rough, everyone else just has it easy.

EDIT: I'm also 40k in debt and counting. Now this is what I call "The American Dream."
Haha, not to rub it in but I love college. Of course I miss home and friends (I just saw friends and family this weekend and I have no motivation to do work but regardless) but I like the "newness" of the whole thing. Make lots of friends and do good, don't go crazy and you'll be fine. Sorry about all the work and -3.5 hours a week, but soon something's gotta give in your favor. Hard work DOES pay off, don't let pessimists convince you they're realists.

And I'm undeclared liberal arts so that tells you about my workload (not extremely light but not heavy by any means)
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Lol, well if you post in a forum, did you expect us not to reply? And since you don't have anytime to study or anything, it's probably best you get off UG.

I'll have a bourbon.
I go to the university of arkansas!! don't drop out let's jam!!
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club