I have lost inspiration in playing my guitar. A few days ago i had a strong and positive feeling tht iam going to play a guitar, then one day when i woke up the positivness had left me!! This has happened before but for a short period.But this time i feel as though it will never come back. I sed this before on another thread but what i want to know is how to get the inspiration back??
Last edited by Jon Bloor at Oct 16, 2007,
Try to learn some new songs, or a new technique like sweep picking or multi-finger tapping. It's happened to me too and things like that give me new inspiration.
thts one of the problems, i just cba to learn. I havent got the motivation to learn or practice them!!
Crush your enemies seen driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.
Nothing inspires me more.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Have u ALWAYS had a passion?.. or did u just say oo im gonna play guitar? because maybe u just dont want to..
I have been playing for 2 and a half years. I have always had a great feeling of playing, it just that all of a sudden i have lost somthing inside when i try to play.
When I feel like you I go on youtube search up vids of guitarists that I idolize and amaze me, then I can't stop myself from picking up the guitar. Works for me.
do u play to songs?

somtimes i find that getting a really good cd on the hi fi and playing along get me motivated, especially when i realise that if i can play the same thing as a really good and well known guitarist, then why cant i be a really good and well known guitarist.

or maybe just take up bass!!!!