what are some typical scales these bands use? are there any very dissonant sounding scales? I'd like to know the scales that bands such as ion dissonance and from a second story window use...any help would be appreciated..thanks guys
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
Last edited by DiamondOfBlood at Oct 16, 2007,
Mathcore?? You arn't serious are you?
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Harmonic minor, phrygian and diminished really, but its not down to the scales you use, its down to the techniques and phrasing you emplore
its not really about the scales. they dont stick to a key for very long. theres alot of changing key very fast and chromaticism inbetween. and often there will be simple chromatic ideas, but they'll be played with very complex rhythmns.
Quote by Def
its not really about the scales. they dont stick to a key for very long. theres alot of changing key very fast and chromaticism inbetween. and often there will be simple chromatic ideas, but they'll be played with very complex rhythmns.

alright cool..thanks for the intelligent answer lol...if theres any additional input people can add..thats great
i think i know what you're going for here, i was just kidding earlier. you can stick to a key (or not as def suggested) polyrhythms are pretty important and i do notice "tool" like to have each intstrument play different meter riffs that meet up at an odd meter in then at that point everyone plays the same time sig. sounds pretty crazy
^ see my statement above, its brutal algebra

not really, its basically music that is generally played in odd time sigs (13/8, 5/4, 27/16 stuff like that)
Quote by z4twenny
i think i know what you're going for here, i was just kidding earlier. you can stick to a key (or not as def suggested) polyrhythms are pretty important and i do notice "tool" like to have each intstrument play different meter riffs that meet up at an odd meter in then at that point everyone plays the same time sig. sounds pretty crazy

yeah i caught ya dude lol thanks
He is referring to stuff like PsyOpus and Dillinger Escape Plan, I assume.
I use diminished, Locrian, Phrygian, Dorian, Lydian, and Aeolian mostly , and the last mode of the Harmonic Minor (altbb7). It's all in your technique though,.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
Last edited by Piro Gonzalez at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by Piro Gonzalez
I use diminished, Locrian, Phrygian, Dorian, Lydian, and Aeolian mostly , and the last mode of the Harmonic Minor (altbb7). It's all in your technique though,.

aeolian isn't really dissonant
and mathcore isnt always dissonant
oh and btw ions new **** sucks haha
I don't like as i lay dying