I would like to know the purpose of a cap on the volume pot on my kramer focus 6000. It does not have tone control only volume and 3 mini-toggle switches for the pups. If I remove this would it damage anything.
The cap on the volume pot is a different cap than a tone pot. Its called a treble booster. When you turn the volume down the treble bypasses and goes to the output. So the treble remains when you turn the guitar volume down, instead of all going to ground equally. It will make a guitar sound brighter than one with out.