I play all types of music like blues, jazz, punk, rock metal country..blah blah.
I've tried some amps and i like the vc15 but it doesnt do metal well without a pedal.
and recently a friend of my dad offered a barely used ashdown fallen angel 60 212 dsp combo for £200. But i got 2 make my mind up cos hes planning to sell it to some1 else next week.
I've never played 1, but i seen all the 1000s reviews and few sound clips saying how versatile it is. but seems to have big reliability problems.
i need a amp for bedroom not gigs so 15w tube would b better than a 212 60w tube (but the ashdown is cheaper ?
or theres better amps out there ??

My budget is £300 MAX.

ps i know about vox and roland being in price range but i dont like modeling amps.
The laney is absolute br00talz ( ) for rock and has awesome cleans..
Maybe deal with it, and buy a dist pedal?
From what I've gathered, only the Ashdowns before the DSP effects were the ones with reliability issues. To me, the only benefit with the Laney is that you'd get to crank that sucker!
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by DogBreath
I play all types of music like blues, jazz, punk, rock metal country..blah blah.
I've tried some amps and i like the vc15 but it doesnt do metal well without a pedal.
and recently a friend of my dad offered a barely used ashdown fallen angel 60 212 dsp combo for £200. But i got 2 make my mind up cos hes planning to sell it to some1 else next week.
I've never played 1, but i seen all the 1000s reviews and few sound clips saying how versatile it is. but seems to have big reliability problems.
i need a amp for bedroom not gigs so 15w tube would b better than a 212 60w tube (but the ashdown is cheaper ?
or theres better amps out there ??

My budget is £300 MAX.

ps i know about vox and roland being in price range but i dont like modeling amps.

Tbh Laney have had lots of problems as well. You might as well gamble on the Laney, IMO, since you're covered if there's any problems and whatnot. Generally they fix your stuff for you pretty well, and reasonably quickly, from what I've heard. Check out the Laney thread.
i'd personally go with the ashdown due to me loving it when I played it. but i've never tried the laney vc. they get some raving comments on here though.

Also, £200 for the ashdown is a nice price, even if you didn't like it you could probably re-sell for £300
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I could buy it and resell the ashdown but thats not really nice thing to do to my dads friend, ill get sticks from my dad lol

well im still duno which 2 get, only heavy stuff i play is buckethead and Ozzy. thats the only reason why i want ashdown. but then i might get a little near that tone from the vc15?? for £215 and then use rest for pedal? but if i do get the laney what pedal should i get with £70-80?

arhg fook.....but i could save £100 and gamble on the ashdown
any1 experiance with both amps and pedals?
search ashdown fallen angel on UG, find steven seagulls thread. soundclips. it's very nice.
the VC will do cleans better, classic rock and blues better (this is only from what i've heard in soundclips and reliable people) the ashdown is more versatile alone, and still VERY nice.

Also, with the £70/80 you could get a maxon od808
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
^ it's very versatile, plenty of gain, and enough bass to send your granny to the hospital for a hip replacement
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by SG thrasher
Second hand Laney GH100/50L.

I got GH100L my for £280.

+1.

The only problem is it's one channel.
BUT.
It has switchable gain.

I can get pretty damned good cleans out of mine.

I got my GH50L for $425.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild