Page 1 of 2
Has anyone ever heard of the Line6 Spider III Jam? I was searching the 'net last night for a decent amp for that had lots of effects and stuff packed in, and I came across the Line6 Spider III Jam. Anybody know more about it than I do, and if possible the price in Canadian funds.
-.- ...i've had threads go way off topic with people flaming Spider IIIs. i just want to know if anyone has ever heard of the Spider III Jam. that all.
line 6 make conserves now? What, they have one flavour of jam which models all the other flavours when you you press a button on the side of the jar?

"hmmm, i think i'll try "insane blueberry today- but tomorrow I'll try crunch raspberry..."
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
line 6 make conserves now? What, they have one flavour of jam which models all the other flavours when you you press a button on the side of the jar?

"hmmm, i think i'll try "insane blueberry today- but tomorrow I'll try crunch raspberry..."

hahahahaha....yur so funny i just might sig you
...and i did
Quote by Dave_Mc

Crunch raspberry, pfft. It's crunch thick-cut marmalade, I thought everybody knew!?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^^

^ darn.

EDIT: to get back on topic, the general consensus seems to be that roland cubes (caution: avoid the 15x and 20x, it's either the microcube or 30/60x you want) are nicer for high gain, while the vox valvetronixes are nicer for more vintage tones, blues, classic rock and the like.

Similar prices.

However, you might as well try all 3 if at all possible. The major complaint about the spiders is that they sound more digital as the volume goes up; if you're only using it to practice, you may not notice so much... but worth bearing in mind at any rate.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its just a spider 3 with an onboard looper recorder mic jack etc
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I wouldn't recommend a spider III normally. Sure, I've got one. I rock mine out all the time, but not everyone likes them.

A spider III is like taking a really big dump. Some people will prolong the passing as long as they can till they're damn near ready to explode, then run into the stall and scream for thirty seconds. But there are a select few that like pushing a log out of their asshole, and that sigh of relief afterwards.

That's a spider III. The Jam is just like a big dump you and a few friends can all take together.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
yeah, im just one of the few people who like spider IIIs. the lead guitarist in our band has one, and i love it. right now, all i'd need it for is practise and small gigs thats it.
the reason why i was considering the Spider III Jam was that if its cheaper, i'd get it, seeing as the spider 75, the one i really want, and will probably end up getting goes above my budget with taxes.
if you want to waste your money and get one go right ahead. just make sure you post back here in 3 months apologizing for buying that piece of crap. get a dam vox AD or a dam roland cube
i wouldn't call the spider a "decent amp". and i'm not just going "lol spiders sux", i'm trying to help you, if you want a modelling amp, you should get a vox valvetronix or roland cube. if you mainly play classic rock, the valvetronix is ideal, but if you mainly play metal, the cube is the better option.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Ishiga

A spider III is like taking a really big dump. Some people will prolong the passing as long as they can till they're damn near ready to explode, then run into the stall and scream for thirty seconds. But there are a select few that like pushing a log out of their asshole, and that sigh of relief afterwards.

Gotta be sigged!
edit: dammit, wont fit- i'll sig Dave instead, but Ishiga, that is sigworthy haha

TS: there are better amps out there for the same price
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc

I wouldn't try any of them, they're blatantly going to taste too synthetic...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ + ^^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Blompcube
i wouldn't call the spider a "decent amp". and i'm not just going "lol spiders sux", i'm trying to help you, if you want a modelling amp, you should get a vox valvetronix or roland cube. if you mainly play classic rock, the valvetronix is ideal, but if you mainly play metal, the cube is the better option.

i play punk, alternative, metal, emo...everything pretty much, so i'm not gonna buy stompbox after stompbox for all my effects. i could get a vox if i wanted to but my local music store would have to special order, and the owner has never even heard of roland, therefore he doesn't have it in stock, and he's not planning on having it in stock.
btw: what the ***ks with UG and flaming/pissing all over the Spider IIIs? All the guys I talk to at music stores encourage me to get one, and the guy i'm planning on buying from is so confident about it, he's also giving me a 5 year shop warranty on it.
Quote by djmay71
i play punk, alternative, metal, emo...everything pretty much, so i'm not gonna buy stompbox after stompbox for all my effects. i could get a vox if i wanted to but my local music store would have to special order, and the owner has never even heard of roland, therefore he doesn't have it in stock, and he's not planning on having it in stock.
btw: what the ***ks with UG and flaming/pissing all over the Spider IIIs? All the guys I talk to at music stores encourage me to get one, and the guy i'm planning on buying from is so confident about it, he's also giving me a 5 year shop warranty on it.

ok, it sounds like ass, it's not always gunna blow up. There are far better amps you can get for your money, for instance the Vox or Roland mentioned previously
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by djmay71

UG members don't get paid commission...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yes and salesmen who talk you into buying hydrochloric acid for shampoo are obviously doing it because it gives you shiny hair. naivety at it's finest.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
they say its good because your a noob at guitar gear thats why. i played it at the store for 5 seconds a few days ago and couldnt believe someone would buy that junk
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm sorry, It is PRESERVES not conserves!!
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Lynchworm
I'm sorry, It is PRESERVES not conserves!!

I'm sorry but you fail english.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conserves

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/nutrition/DJ1088.html
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ yes and salesmen who talk you into buying hydrochloric acid for shampoo are obviously doing it because it gives you shiny hair. naivety at it's finest.

wow that happened to you too?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Well, actually I didn't and apparently the company that makes the preserves that I buy at the store and put into my refrigirator didn't either. I guess I have never ever heard "conserves" used in that manner. (referring to the delicious sweet snack) However, I guess you learned me somethin today
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Lynchworm at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by Lynchworm
Well, actually I didn't and apparently the company that makes the preserves that I buy at the store and put into my refrigirator didn't either. I guess I have never ever heard "conserves" used in that manner. (referring to the delicious sweet snack) However, I guess you learned me somethin today

i've seen jam called "conserve" too. maybe you just call them preserves instead in america. for example like how you said "refrigirator", why not just call it a fridge?
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
i've seen jam called "conserve" too. maybe you just call them preserves instead in america. for example like how you said "refrigirator", why not just call it a fridge?

True, anyway sorry for getting off topic. Back to the spiders
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
I have a Spider III 150 and I love it, I know its not some people's cup of tea, so I wouldn't make a whole hearted recommendation. The best thing to do is just sit down and play one, if you don't like it, you don't like it, if you do then you've found an amp. Just be sure to play all the amps in your price range if you're looking to buy. Sometimes you can find gems just by playing on everything.
i have a spider III 150 as well. honestly, its a pretty ok amp. if you dont have any effects, this comes with them all. but what its doin is modeling the real sound its not THE real sound. I may try to sell mine in the future for a 50wattish tube amp
Quote by uldhppi
I just call it all jelly.

+1
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by uldhppi

I call it delicious.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I call it delicious.

Jelly made from spiders would be atrocious...

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by djmay71
yeah, im just one of the few people who like spider IIIs. the lead guitarist in our band has one, and i love it. right now, all i'd need it for is practise and small gigs thats it.
the reason why i was considering the Spider III Jam was that if its cheaper, i'd get it, seeing as the spider 75, the one i really want, and will probably end up getting goes above my budget with taxes.

dude if you gig why the hell are you even considering a line 6 sure there allright and thats all they are allright at home
but when when you decide your ganna get one for gigging your just waisting your money they sound like sht live and loud
and i know because one of my friends uses one for gigging
Quote by the-kid66
dude if you gig why the hell are you even considering a line 6 sure there allright and thats all they are allright at home
but when when you decide your ganna get one for gigging your just waisting your money they sound like sht live and loud
and i know because one of my friends uses one for gigging

Have you played an HD-147 or Vetta??

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer

Exactly, Line 6 dosn't put out bad products, just a bad LINE of products. (spiders)

Buy the Spider if you so want, TS, but everyone else is right...you can get just as much tweakability and options from a Valvetronix or Cube, and it'll take 3 times as long for you to realize the tone isn't all there, before you go tube.
Quote by MESAexplorer

i didn't like the HD's, but the flextone was really sweet, great price point too.

I've seen spider jam when I lived in Thailand, it's good, all caramelized and stuff.

In Japan, they have this cracker that you spread paste made from wasps on it.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Lynchworm

I didn't mean that they couldn't be called preserves; i was arguing more with your (condescending, might I add) contention that they couldn't be called conserves (which was false).

Quote by Blompcube

+1

Quote by uldhppi

don't ask for jelly in the UK or you'll get jell-o, basically. which, assuming jell-o tastes the same as our jelly, is something you want to avoid at all costs. Man I hate jelly.

Quote by Lynchworm
True, anyway sorry for getting off topic. Back to the spiders

haha, once the pandora's box of derailing a thread has been opened, there's no closing it.

(worst metaphor ever)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2