Mahogany body
H-S-H (5 way)
Double Locking Trem
Laney VC30-212 Amp (all valve baby! )

i were thinking along the lines of
Bridge: DiMarzio ToneZone
Middle: DiMarzio Red Velvet/Fast Track/Protrack
Neck: DiMarzio PAF Joe/PAF Pro

anyone any experience with DiMarzio pickups in an Ibanez?
or any other recommend configs?

I want a 80's Shred to Thrash (EVH to Megadeth) kinda sound maybe a bit Paul Gilbertish
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
If you're after Paul Gilbert, go with the pickup set as found in his PGM301 sig:

DiMarzio PAF Pro Neck
JEM Single Middle
PAF Pro Bridge.

But 80's rock sounds call for a DiMarzio Super Distortion. The Super Distortion nails all that Motley Crue stuff but it doesn't ever clean up, wheras the PAF Pro will also handle nice cleans and light stuff. I'm sure there's some nice compromise between the two though if neither appeals to you.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
If you're after Paul Gilbert, go with the pickup set as found in his PGM301 sig:

DiMarzio PAF Pro Neck
JEM Single Middle
PAF Pro Bridge.

But 80's rock sounds call for a DiMarzio Super Distortion. The Super Distortion nails all that Motley Crue stuff but it doesn't ever clean up, wheras the PAF Pro will also handle nice cleans and light stuff. I'm sure there's some nice compromise between the two though if neither appeals to you.

yeah im avoiding the Super Distortion and the X2N ive heard they're very noisey and can't handle cleans too well
as for Paul Gilbert i opted for the ToneZone over the PAF pro cause thats what he used to use in his old RGs

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
HS2 is closest you can get to the JEM single. Tone Zone and PAF Pro will get you that Gilbert sound but I can't not recommend the PAF Joe. It's a killer neck pick-up and sounds incredible when split. When my Mo'Joe and PAF Joe are are both split and in parallel it almost sounds acoustic.

Tone Zone / HS2 / PAF Joe
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
HS2 is closest you can get to the JEM single. Tone Zone and PAF Pro will get you that Gilbert sound but I can't not recommend the PAF Joe. It's a killer neck pick-up and sounds incredible when split. When my Mo'Joe and PAF Joe are are both split and in parallel it almost sounds acoustic.

Tone Zone / HS2 / PAF Joe

what are your DiMarzios in?

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
what are your DiMarzios in?

RG520QS It's a mahogany body with a quilted top.
bareknuckle (great)/bulldog(hear good things), or if you want to save a bit of cash, swineshead (have tried, great) or irongear (hear good things).

dimarzios (and duncans for that matter) are just a gip in the UK, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless he can find some used or something.
true. also, thomann (in germany) is better value than the UK if you want to go down the dimarzio/duncan route.

Still not cheap enough IMO, but at least quite a bit cheaper.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not really. laney/marshall/orange/matamp in the UK, maybe, or engl/diezel/framus in germany, but you aren't getting them as much cheaper as you're getting US-made stuff in the US...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its about £160 for the pickup set i want
would it be cheaper on mainland Europe then?
Germany's an option cause my girlfriends dad has to go there every month (hes regional manager of audi for south yorkshire)

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
^ +1

if you must go dimarzio, www.thomann.de will have prices which should be cheaper than the UK. But i agree with baz (sg thrasher)- bareknuckles are better EDIT: in my opinion, and based on the dimarzios I have tried. For very little extra cash.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

I should also point out that thomann will ship to the UK.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?