Hey guys, sry i couldnt find my other thread but i put all the stuff u guys said to mind.
i came up with this amp combo for ska/punk style music, watcha think?

amp- http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Line-6-Spider-III-30-Modeling-Combo-Amplifier?full_sku=103944799

guitar- http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_les_paul_standard_electric_guitar?full_sku=101822443

i think i wanna get the cherry sunburst, even tho aaron barret has like the exact same finish lol.

thanks again.
Why would you get a Spider (ever, but especially) for ska?

Man, try a Vox, or a Fender Pro Junior, or something (good and) designed for cleans/low-gain.
I think you should take your $200 and get a Crate Palomino, then later get a few pedals. If you think you need modeling the Cube is many times better, or I would also try out a Peavey Transtube (my first choice in solid state.) The guitar is decent, but for your styles I would be thinking more in the line of Tele or Strat styled guitars. Go and play some guitars and amps, otherwise internet ordering is very risky.
spiders are heavy **** man...ive played my mates its very metal ish sortof gainy all the time... go get a cube!
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Well actualy i was at gc yesterday and the guy said when he started playing that kinda stuff he was using a line 6...btw im going there with a friend today so i guess ill try them out.
Quote by opivtguk
Well actualy i was at gc yesterday and the guy said when he started playing that kinda stuff he was using a line 6...btw im going there with a friend today so i guess ill try them out.

They will tell you anything to make a sale

id listen to the guys on here seriously dude i brought a Marshall MG50DFX ignoring the advice here and boy what a waste of money i pretty much dont use it now just use my PODXT and headphones.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
yea. dont listen to the guys at gc. they tricked me into buying a spider when i was a noob. (well more of a noob than i am now.) what a waste of $100. it's such crap.
man id go with a fender amp...im in a ska band and it works perfectly for me...but id think u should get a strat or a tele...idk...i dont like gibson...just my opinion
line 6 stuff is GREAT... except for the spider. it's a cheap budget practice amp. no more, no less.

if you're going to be playing ska, and can save up to afford it, try a fender cybertwin.

by the way, i agree with whoever said get a strat or a tele - gibson's aren't great for ska - their tone's a little too dark.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
yeah, try that crate palomino. the les paul should be fine, loads of ska guitarists play Gibsons. fender pro jr amp would be great if you can stretch your budget for it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Don't get the Spider, I have a Spider III 15W (i got it for free so i didn't spend any money) it's okay for practicing amp but when you turn it up it starts to sound like ****!! especially if you're going to play ska music!

But i don't see anything wrong with the guitar so that's fine