I have recently upgraded my pups on my kramer focus 6000. It has 2 single coils and 1 humbucker at the bridge. I have the Vintage rails at the neck, the SSL-1 in the middle and a horrible sounded Dimarzio Tone Zone at the bridge. Couple of questions:

1- Wiring for the Vintage Rail SVR-1. What wires get soldered together?? Which one is the hot??. The focus have 3 mini-toggle switches, the pup is either on or off.

2- Height recommendation for each pickup?? How high from the strings???

3- Need replacement for the Tone Zone. It sounds muddy as hell and uninspiring. Could anyone recommend a duncan. I play mainly blues, classic rock, not too much heavy metal. Custom Custom or Pearly Gates??? Looking for a warm buttery tone. With good low end, mid-range, clear highs.
Tone Zone muddy? What kind of amp do you have?
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
why are you stuck on duncan when you don't even know what pickup you realy want?

For hight, there is no real rule. Typically lower pickups gives you a more mellow tone with mroe susstain. Higher pickups give you more bite with less sustain. Play with it untill you find what you like.

I can't be arsed to look it up but SD does give you wiring instructions for his pickups. If you missplaced the instructions that came with the pickup then just look it up on the SD website.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by greg232
I have recently upgraded my pups on my kramer focus 6000. It has 2 single coils and 1 humbucker at the bridge. I have the Vintage rails at the neck, the SSL-1 in the middle and a horrible sounded Dimarzio Tone Zone at the bridge. Couple of questions:

1- Wiring for the Vintage Rail SVR-1. What wires get soldered together?? Which one is the hot??. The focus have 3 mini-toggle switches, the pup is either on or off.

2- Height recommendation for each pickup?? How high from the strings???

3- Need replacement for the Tone Zone. It sounds muddy as hell and uninspiring. Could anyone recommend a duncan. I play mainly blues, classic rock, not too much heavy metal. Custom Custom or Pearly Gates??? Looking for a warm buttery tone. With good low end, mid-range, clear highs.

Dimarzio Breed
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com