Page 1 of 5
doesnt it just annoy you so much??
the whole "hugging" deal: "hey you owe me one hug!"
"what? i hugged you this morning"
"leik omg i forgot, hahahahahaha"
jesus f***ing christ
in my school its wierd, the guys seem to ALWAYS go to hug the girls, never vice versa.
does the hug mean anything? or is it just another excuse for a girl to lead some guy on, and then just suddenly lose ALL interest in him?

ok thats my rant...
discuss.
It's the Emo culture. At college we replaced hugs with high-fives because we are all Scrubs fans.
Nah, it's just changing society. We're more comfortable with hugging now, for whatever reason. With any luck it's just a phase that'll pass and we'll revert to being good old awkward around everyone.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
For me it's: Hugs for girls
High Fives for guys

I got to an all boys school so it's pretty much high five crazy all day.
.. I hug everyone O_O
All my good friends at least. I'll probably be hugging my new college friends by a couple of weeks after half term.
I like hugs Guy hugs are great, you make us girls feel all safe and whatnot when you're bigger than us.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Nah, it's just changing society. We're more comfortable with hugging now, for whatever reason. With any luck it's just a phase that'll pass and we'll grow massive breasts and all our hair will turn blue like hot anime chicks.

Do go on...I'm intrigued
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by rizo299
A hug is a sign of affection between friends.

Don't be jealous just because you don't get any.

Flirting culture my arse

dont mean to be arrogant, but i DO get a fair amount of hugs, and half of the time time when some girl just goes "haha thats so funny Conor (yes its a terrible name) can i have a hug?" i will just turn them down, because they are either not attractive to me, and i dont want to lead them on or because i dont want to be seen as a total tool who hugs the "hottest" girl at the slightest chance. and another reason is the fact that my best friends are not popular AT ALL in our school, and i kind of am, so i try not to make them feel awkward.
Quote by Firenze
Do go on...I'm intrigued

It ends with tentacle monsters. You don't wanna know.
The WHOLE SCHOOl near enough has taken MY high fives and turned them into somethign horrible.

I just wanted to high five on approval of things and now people just pass everyone and high five them. .also the trend of trilby hats around my school . .also the hugging trend in my school was me and my friends. . . .hmmm I'm on of the most hated. . or alienated in my school too ¬_¬

Anyway Hugs for my girlfriend, high fives for everyone else!
Quote by meh...
dont mean to be arrogant, but i DO get a fair amount of hugs, and half of the time time when some girl just goes "haha thats so funny Conor (yes its a terrible name) can i have a hug?" i will just turn them down, because they are either not attractive to me, and i dont want to lead them on or because i dont want to be seen as a total tool who hugs the "hottest" girl at the slightest chance. and another reason is the fact that my best friends are not popular AT ALL in our school, and i kind of am, so i try not to make them feel awkward.

How old are you?
Dude, if you between the ages of 13 and about 18 just hug her for christ sake. Live your precious teenage days!
Quote by Firenze
Do go on...I'm intrigued

Wait, I don't even know why that made me laugh.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by MightyAl
It ends with tentacle monsters. You don't wanna know.

*leaves thread*

Quote by Dinkydaisy

Wait, I don't even know why that made me laugh.

Score, I made an English girl laugh!

Let's hug! I must warn you though, my hugs are quick, last all of 10 seconds, and I usually end up crying.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Oct 16, 2007,
it's getting to the stage at my school where i can't tell if someones wants some of my love juice or are mugging me!

either way i get an erection
Quote by Moggan13
How old are you?
Dude, if you between the ages of 13 and about 18 just hug her for christ sake. Live your precious teenage days!

im 16 :P
i just dont see the point, and i am making the most of my teenage years:
playing halo 3 and Counterstrike
listening to Prog metal
and i have a GF!!! and she is "hot" if i may add.
Hugs kick ass. It's nothing to do woth flirting, it's just a show of affection between friends.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
I hi5 people. Have done it as long as I can remember. I only hug people when it is truly a hug, not flirtation. Someone should try to make the butt bump cool. I believe if you try hard enough, it will happen...you'll look retarded for a while, but one day you will see others do it, and you will feel proud...or you'll never get laid in your life.
I'm hungry.
Quote by meh...
doesnt it just annoy you so much??
the whole "hugging" deal: "hey you owe me one hug!"
"what? i hugged you this morning"
"leik omg i forgot, hahahahahaha"
jesus f***ing christ
in my school its wierd, the guys seem to ALWAYS go to hug the girls, never vice versa.
does the hug mean anything? or is it just another excuse for a girl to lead some guy on, and then just suddenly lose ALL interest in him?

ok thats my rant...
discuss.

somebody need a HUG!
Another meh?

How will we tell the difference?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
omg whats the problem, so a girl wants a hug? Give her a f**king hug, and lots more, because girls are the way foward and once you hit puberty your guna wanner be hugging as many of them as you possibly can.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
meh.. a hug tells your friend(s) that you are there for them.
Same like giving a kiss/hand

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by meh...

Oh come on, she asked you for a hug not oral sex...
What's up with all the hug hate? It's just a harmless show of affection between friends.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Rankles
Another meh?

Ban one

...this will not end well for me...
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by meh...

So what your saying is you'd rather look like a tool by not hugging them and assuming that you have to be attracted to someone in order to hug them, and therefore you must be giving them the wrong impression?

To be honest, if your best friends aren't "popular" (which by the way in school is simply a twisted and discusting way of diving people into social castes) why would hugging some one more "popular" make them awkward?

If i was your friends i'd be more pissed off that you felt you had to seperate me from your other friends due to percieved popularity, especially seeing as they're apparently your best friends.

Any way, i'm off topic.

A hug is a hug.
Quote by meh...
dont mean to be arrogant, but i DO get a fair amount of hugs
i will just turn them down, because they are either not attractive to me, and i dont want to lead them on or because i dont want to be seen as a total tool who hugs the "hottest" girl at the slightest chance.

Dude, it's just a hug..
Quote by pfa
it's getting to the stage at my school where i can't tell if someones wants some of my love juice or are mugging me!

either way i get an erection

"Give me your wallet"
"Why not fish it out yourself "

I find hugging as casual as a handshake. We're not middle aged enough to do the kissing with cheeks thing so a casual hug basically says 'hi'. Kind of. But at any rate there's nothing sexual or flirty at all about hugging where I come.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
i hug teh fit girls.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by Rankles
Another meh?

-Matthew Arnold

There aren't really any "friend hugs" around here, save for goodbyes like the last day of high school.

I don't think I've seen a "high five" in the entire past half-decade. o.O
Are you so insecure you can't touch another human being without being a sign of intense attraction? Just hug your friends for fuck's sake.

EDIT:
Quote by yawn

I don't think I've seen a "high five" in the entire past half-decade. o.O

Plenty of people high five. As mentioned earlier it might have something to do with the fact that me and many of my friends love Scrubs, or Borat. But I think it's just a way of saying "that was cool".
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Dinkydaisy

There we go. This will eventually become an annoying habit.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Page 1 of 5