Page 1 of 2
My grandparents are getting me and my sister either an XBOX 360 or PS3 for Christmas and we can't decide which one to get. So i figure you guys have either one or both and could tell me some stuff to help decide. Thanx.

Nash
Quote by WillPlayForFood
Tell her you want to sodomize her with a chainsaw
Quote by FrenchyFungus
OMFG, an opinion.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNN!
xbox.

The only reason i would consider buying a ps3 is if games like Grand Theft Auto were exclusive to it, but they are on both platforms. Xbox has awesome features and is f ucking great online!
360!!!! way better features and games(and it costs less)
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
i rekon 360.i have one myself and its realy good.it does have alot more and better games and the online is very good.
360. Cheaper,Simply fantastic games. PS3's are for absolute spazzes.
get a ps3 they r way better and will have better games out in the future. xbox has been out longer and it breaks down too much.
Empty Space
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
none of them.. it's a waste of time
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
360 fails.
ps3 is failing too. but will pick up in the future

wii was doomed to fail
No, not better features. Free online for PS3. It's powerful, has barely skimmed the surface of it's potential, where as the xbox has pretty much progressed as far as it's going to. Xbox uses dvds still, PS3 uses bluray. Much more space. The creators of Assassins creed said they were running out of space on the xbox, but had plenty of room with the bluray discs. There are so many amazing games coming out November. And plenty more to come. Keep in mind that the Xbox has more, cause it's been out more.
PS3 has built in bluray. It's been used 108 hours straight in 120 F heat, and another 108 hours in 0 F heat. It lasts forever.

Any questions?
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Sony have fecked this one up, IMO. I'd say get the 360. It's all well n good saying things'll improve for the PS3, but what if it doesn't? 1 word: Dreamcast. either that or Gamecube.
EDIT: And I know there was so much hatred for the xBox when that came out, but honestly, if the gamecube had been a better buy, would it really have died on it's backside?
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Today, xbox because of price and current games. For christmas, PS3... lots of sweet games will be released next year and the hardware is better, and IMO the controls are better. Since you'll get for christmas I guess you don't have to worry about the price :P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
the ps3 is gunna do better than the ps2 nd thats dun amazingly well.
Empty Space
im a 360 guy myself...it's so much easier to use from what ive seen, the online is great (if you're into that), the game selection has finally evened out, and just from the fact that more people have one means you'll have more people to play with.

plus, its cheaper
Also, sixaxis controllers for PS3. When I played Lair with the sixaxis, it was amazing.
get the PS3 then sell it and buy an Xbox 360 for each of you!
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Both consoles are just a box which does nothing when you put it in the middle of the room. What makes the console is the games, so take a look at what exclusive games each console has or will have, and choose based on that.

Comparing similar games, the PS3 will probably be one step ahead because of its better specs (both overall, but also one of the most overlooked ones being that it comes as standard with a Blu-Ray drive, when the HD-DVD drive of the Xbox 360 is an accessory, meaning that Xbox 360 games will probably not take advantage of this). However, is the difference between them really worth paying almost twice the price?

For me? I already have Final Fantasy 13 pre-ordered (expected release date early 2009, PS3 exclusive).
whatever the hell you want i've played both, and you gotta love em both! but my mates 360's have broken down while the ps3 hasn't which is all i notice the difference between
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Also, PS3 has F@H which helps Stanford study folding proteins to help with Alzheimer's and other diseases. Basically Stanford uses your PS3 when you run the application, and uses all the PS3s creating a massive super computer. Pretty awesome IMO
Quote by Ichikurosaki
wii was doomed to fail

which is why it's the fastest selling games console of all time, obviously.

i say get a 360 - it has better games, is cheaper, and has fantastic online capabilities
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

ps3 has twice the power, has a disc with twice the space, does twice the stuff, a better controller, doesnt break down, and its online is free.

suck on that xbox360
Empty Space
I don't get it... just have them buy you a NICE computer and play computer games. Computers can do WAY more than any faggy-ass console system. and you can buy parts for your computer in the long run to make it better as technology gets better. so you wont need to buy a new system in a year or two.

keyboard and mouse totally PWN the pants off a controller in FPS games anyways. If your into FPS shooter games, just get a freakin computer man. or have them give you money towards a car lol. I've wasted so much money on video games and pokemon cards back in the day. I wish i would have saved.
Once you get an Xbox 360 your life will be complete. You will feel warm and mushy inside. You will get chryogenically frozen with your Xbox in your arms. It will love you, tuck you into bed at night, and kiss you when your asleep. For everything else, theres mastercard.
Quote by davebooska
I don't get it... just have them buy you a NICE computer and play computer games. Computers can do WAY more than any faggy-ass console system. and you can buy parts for your computer in the long run to make it better as technology gets better. so you wont need to buy a new system in a year or two.

keyboard and mouse totally PWN the pants off a controller in FPS games anyways. If your into FPS shooter games, just get a freakin computer man. or have them give you money towards a car lol. I've wasted so much money on video games and pokemon cards back in the day. I wish i would have saved.

Thanks for reminding me. For all those XBox exclusives out there, just get them for your computer. Problem solved.
Quote by davebooska
and you can buy parts for your computer in the long run to make it better as technology gets better. so you wont need to buy a new system in a year or two.

I think you confused the two, if you want to play the latest PC games, you NEED to upgrade your computer at least every two years, however the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be the latest and greatest when it comes to consoles for about five or six more years.
Quote by whoismilan
I think you confused the two, if you want to play the latest PC games, you NEED to upgrade your computer at least every two years, however the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be the latest and greatest when it comes to consoles for about five or six more years.

Sort of... The Xbox 360 has peaked... But as developers get used to the PS3, games will be off the charts. Its power is unmatched. Ps3... six more years... Xbox... they'll have to figure something out.
360 has more games, but PS3 is quieter, looks cooler, better controllers, motion sensitive controls, PS online is free, and it uses blu-ray
Xbox is better because of the games choice and price range and xbox live, plus the ps3 is too expensive and games are 50 - 60 quid!! who cares if you have more space and a bigger hard drive your meant to play games on consoles not save music and pictures, thast why god invented the ipod!?!
Well at least you said iPod instead of Zune.

Stand-alone Blu-ray players are like, $500. Blu-ray has been dominating this entire year. The PS3 is a game console, but it's also much much more. And I love having free online, personally. Of course the game choice is better on the 360, it has been out longer.
Sony's problem, is that they're seeing it as a media player first, game console... fourth. They're planning on adding a lot of movies and music available for download. Ahhh!!! People don't go, "I'm not buying a PS3 because they're aren't enough movies for me to download!" Get with the picture, Sony.
The Xbox 360 seems like the better buy, this is assuming you have a high-definition TV that can display resolutions of 720p or higher (the resolution on a normal widescreen 16:9 TV comes out to be 1280x720...which is about the native resolution of a 19" computer monitor). I If you don't have the fancy TV, most of the graphical improvements will go over your head, and some games (Dead rising comes to mind) suffer if you have standard aspect ratios/resolutions. Also, you should get the $349.99 retail one...the hard drive, backwards support, and built in networking are essential.

To be honest, if I was just getting this, I'd go for a PS2 and Wii and enjoy their massive and much less expensive game libraries at expense of eye candy.
Quote by irongoat666
which is why it's the fastest selling games console of all time, obviously.

i say get a 360 - it has better games, is cheaper, and has fantastic online capabilities

it's not a consol, it's a novelty item -_-
Ps3

Edit: People who say 360 has better online are wrong, it's the exact same for both systems, except PS3 is free.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

well...

the 360 has many great games, but was built with ****ty hardware(or something ****ty) and has some defects. hell, mine will freeze on loading screens on brand new games

the PS3 costs a hell of alot, barely has any games, and most good games it has it took from the 360. it does have a blueray which costs 1000 bucks, so if you want one of those you'd be saving like 500 bucks

so... yeah
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
well...

the 360 has many great games, but was built with ****ty hardware(or something ****ty) and has some defects. hell, mine will freeze on loading screens on brand new games

the PS3 costs a hell of alot, barely has any games, and most good games it has it took from the 360. it does have a blueray which costs 1000 bucks, so if you want one of those you'd be saving like 500 bucks

so... yeah

I'd quickly like to point out to all those wanting a PS3 but worried about games, if you want backwards compatibility hurry up and get a PS3. Also, in November... Army of Two, Assassins Creed, Haze, Uncharted a few others. Novembers going to be insane. With the price of games, you'll be set for a while.
Page 1 of 2