About a month ago I got the advice to buy the S520EX and I decided to buy a Dimarzio Air Norton for the neck and a D Sonic for the bridge. Well today I finally had the time to put them in (work sucks, but girlfriend rules) so here she is finally:

I'll post an audio clip in a little bit. I've gotta eat first.
thats a big picture, looks great though, i'm swapping the pickups in my ibanez for some emg's sometime.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Sounds freakin' awesome.

I have an ibanez RG2EX2. Pickups suck, EMG wannabe's. Soon as I have the cash, hello PAF Pro neck and Evo 2 bridge.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Sounds pretty cool, I'm getting a PAF Pro and Air Norton in my Les Paul soon. The Air Norton is great for shred and fast rythm IMO.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Thanks for the comments, I forgot to mention that my style is Progressive Rock/Metal, Metal, and Thrash although I do play all kinds of different styles on clean (flamenco, classical, etc).

I figured these pickups on this guitar would be a nice combo for the more progressive rock/metal side and still do great on pure metal (although I have a Gibson Explorer with stock pickups for that).
Just out of curiosity(sp?), do you like the stock Gibson PUs? I really don't, they seem to bring up the worst in the guitar and drain it for that varm, rich, dynamic tone.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
oooh, exactly the pup-combination I've been looking at.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
sweet tone. What amp are you using?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
sweet tone. What amp are you using?

A B-52 AT-212 tube combo. I take an MT-2 Metal Zone (that most people hate) and kind of turn it into a pre-amp distortion by cranking the level and scooping the distortion, then blend that with my amp distortion.
Quote by Ishiga
Sounds freakin' awesome.

I have an ibanez RG2EX2. Pickups suck, EMG wannabe's. Soon as I have the cash, hello PAF Pro neck and Evo 2 bridge.

i had the same problem with the old pickups but now i have the PAF Pro in the neck and super distortion in the bridge and it sounds great.i suggest changing the pickup selector to a five-way though,it gives it a lot more versatility espacially when you get the coils split and run them parallel,it gives a very nice and clear clean tone
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.