What're the prices for their "low end" models? I can't seem to find anything anywhere. The two links I found, one was for a vintage model and the other was a triple recto for like $1800.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
There are no 'low end' Mesas available at the moment, as you say it the words 'cheap' and 'Mesa' are rarely seen together.
However they did some stuff during the 90s which you can now pick up used from maybe $400. Look into the Dual/Studio/.22 Caliber amps, the Blue Angel and the F-series which are all excellent! I personally prefer my DC-5 to the new Express, though it's a matter of personal taste really...
Ah, thanks. The reason I ask is I have a 75W line 6 spider III modeling combo.

Keyword modeling.

My favorite setting on there is the Metal setting, the "insane" is just a distorted clusterf*ck. The metal setting sounds okay, not the greatest but not bad either. And, guess what it's "modeling" after?

Mesa triple recto.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
Ah, thanks. The reason I ask is I have a 75W line 6 spider III modeling combo.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Lol, sell it (or maybe just dump it down an alleyway somewhere), and hunt down a Dual Caliber. The second channel is based on the Recto, and it's not quite the same but about a billion times better than a Spider! The graphic EQ is great fun too
I got mine in mint condition for about £800, but they go for half that in the USA.
400 pounds is still 800 bucks and I sure as hell wouldn't be playing a spider III if I had 800 bucks for an amp.

I wanna get a triple recto but I am dirt freakin' poor. I'm skipping eating lunch at school so I can save my lunch money for new pickups cuz I know for damn sure my parents aint spending $160 on new hums for me. I'll grab one, they'll get the other. I'm $25/$79 up so far. Afterwards, new amp time. Well, before then I'ma get a rocktron zombie rectifier pedal.

That'll set me back about $70. That's so far about $230. I'll be 16 november 7th and by then I should have all but the amp. So, come christmas time, if they don't get me one I'll use x-mas money and get it myself. Just, which amp to get.. The question of the decade.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Mesa Express run around $1200. You could probably find a used Mark III or IV for anywhere from $400 to $800 USD. Seems pretty cheap to me for a Mesa, though it isn't in your price range.
you could also look into a B-52 AT series... they are considered to be the poor man's mesa
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
^ i was so going to say that!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
dont buy pickups right now. if you save for the new amp, when you get it you may find it wasnt the pickups that needed to be upgraded, just the amp. besides, they wont make a difference with the spider so its pretty pointless
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Say Ocean
Yeah, if you like horrible amps

The B-52s aren't horrible amps, I liked one ones I've played a lot.

TS, check into the F series, an F-30/F-50 combo can be found used for around $400-700 EASILY. Amazing little amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ssguitar
^ i was so going to say that!

Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
+1 to not changing your pups yet. Unless your pups are melting or actually on fire, you should definitally save for an amp first. A better amp will add about 5 times the tone as new pups.

This is just me musing, but how long have you been playing? For the first 6 months I played, I thought I wanted a $3k Les Paul and a Mesa Tripple Rec as my dream rig, thinking I wanted to play prog and metal 'till I died. 2 years later, and I own an Artcore and a Valve Junior, and I'm playing garage rock. I suppose I'm just suggesting that you think down the road a bit. You'll probably love a good F-50 combo anyway, reagardless of what styles you end up playing.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
+1 to not changing your pups yet. Unless your pups are melting or actually on fire, you should definitally save for an amp first. A better amp will add about 5 times the tone as new pups.

This is just me musing, but how long have you been playing? For the first 6 months I played, I thought I wanted a $3k Les Paul and a Mesa Tripple Rec as my dream rig, thinking I wanted to play prog and metal 'till I died. 2 years later, and I own an Artcore and a Valve Junior, and I'm playing garage rock. I suppose I'm just suggesting that you think down the road a bit. You'll probably love a good F-50 combo anyway, reagardless of what styles you end up playing.

Yup, the F series are VERY versatile amps.

+1 to everything, well said.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Wanna hear "cheap" and "mesa" in the same sentence?

You can get a used Mesa Boogie for cheap.

I've seen Rectoverbs go for $800, F-50's and F-30's for $600-750, Nomads and older stilettos for about the same price.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
The cheapest mesa I know the the Studio pre-amp! (Im cheap so I have it)

But look around ebay, because deals can pop up outta nowhere!
Heartbreaker, DC, Mark IIIs, F series, single rectos, Stiletto Deuces, recto-verbs, nomads, blueangle, maverick, subway rocket can all be found for under $800 on ebay.

You could always get a B-52 and Mesa Bottle rocket or Vtwin pedals. They should push the B-52 into a true mesa tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by MESAexplorer
Heartbreaker, DC, Mark IIIs, F series, single rectos, Stiletto Deuces, recto-verbs, blueangle, bluesbreaker, subway rocket can all be found for under $800 on ebay.

You could always get a B-52 and Mesa Bottle rocket or Vtwin pedals. They should push the B-52 into a true mesa tone.

Aren't bluesbreakers marshall? I couldn't find any nifo on a mesa bluesbreaker.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Aren't bluesbreakers marshall? I couldn't find any nifo on a mesa bluesbreaker.

I think it's subway blues, or something like that. If there isn't a Mesa Bluesbreaker my bad.

Just checked mesa, it's a Subway blues, my apologies, thanks for catching the mistake Reincaster.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio

I was confused for a while.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by MatrixClaw
Yup, the F series are VERY versatile amps.

+1 to everything, well said.

Thank you.

Did they make the F series in both head and cab versions? My Mesa history is poor...
Yeah, there were 50 and 100 watt F-series heads, if my memory serves me right.

+1 to mesaexplorer for mentioning the Heartbreaker, DC series and Blue Angel as well - they go even cheaper than the F series and are all on a par, just with different features.
I personally would take the DC5 over an F-50 any day but in that sort of range it's totally down to preference. The guitarist for one of the best-known bands in my area has been using a Blue Angel for about ten years and swears by it! The Maverick's a belter too, though I don't care much for the weedy Nomad.
I have a Mesa F-100 head if you're interested!

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by False_God
The cheapest mesa I know the the Studio pre-amp! (Im cheap so I have it)

But look around ebay, because deals can pop up outta nowhere!

How much did you get it for?
Quote by Untitled001
How much did you get it for?

They run in the area of $400. Keep in mind you must find a power section which is a minimum of about $300 if you want to play live.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio