hello ..
I live in turkey and Guitars are very expensive here
i want to ask you somethin i see this

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_standard_telecaster_electric_guitar?full_sku=103571824

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Ibanez-ARC500-Artist-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=512347%2e010

ibanez is more expensive than fender but here in turkey the cost list is ;
Fender MIM tele 921 $
Ibanez ARC500 850-870 $

i'm confused :S which one is good ?
thanks a lot..
It depends on the models you compare and things like taxes, import duties and how much it costs for a company to market in Turkey.
Wow. That's even worse than Lebanon where I used to live, and it was bad over there. I overcompensated upon moving to the USA by buying every guitar I could get my hands on for a while.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
Are you sure that the Telecaster you are looking at in Turkey is in fact a STANDARD Telecaster? There are many more expensive Telecasters out there, the Standard ones are the cheaper of the bunch.
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
High guitar prices do tend to traumatize a person. Its like starving and then going to an all you can eat buffet.
Are you sure that the Telecaster you are looking at in Turkey is in fact a STANDARD Telecaster?

In series section says standart :s

so you say tele is better i think
I'd go with the ibanez. I'm naturally a fan of humbuckers. It looks badass, gibraltar bridges (from what I've heard, not experience) are pretty decent bridges. Looks way comfortable, and from my experience, as long as it's not a GRG series, Ibanez's rock. Plain and simple.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
They are both 'good,' there just good at different things.
what style of music do you play?
Last edited by joeymaxx at Oct 16, 2007,
I'd personally go with the Ibanez too. Build quality is top notch and the Gib III is an exceptional bridge and even better with a set of Tone Pro locking studs. Depending on what kind of music you play, you may or may not like the pickups. The tuners are also hit or miss on these guitars.
much rock, blues,classical rock (guns'n roses , ACDC ,gary moore(im trying ),Soundgarden , white stripes .... )
Quote by mmacloadd
much rock, blues,classical rock (guns'n roses , ACDC ,gary moore(im trying ),Soundgarden , white stripes .... )

For the music you're into, the ARC500 would suite you very well.

And scratch what I said earlier about the pickups. I didn't realize the 500 came with Super 58's. They are exceptional pickups, especially for that style of music.
Last edited by Jason43 at Oct 16, 2007,
thanks for your help
if im true guitar have dual humbucker. Is this disadvantage for me ?
Humbuckers and single coils sound different. For more overdriven rock and metal some prefer them. I like both, so it depends on what sound you are looking for. Post a little about the kind of music you want to play for a better answer.
The MiM Fender models are generally really bad, and not worth more than a low end Ibanez (my opinion, bash me). On the other hand the Ibanez solid body guitars are way overpriced and not worth it either.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Humbuckers and single coils sound different. For more overdriven rock and metal some prefer them. I like both, so it depends on what sound you are looking for. Post a little about the kind of music you want to play for a better answer.

I really like pearl jam, led zeppelin, Rage against machine ,RHCP,Darkness.. i like these tones

On the other hand the Ibanez solid body guitars are way overpriced and not worth it either.

which guitar would you get to this cost ?
I think the double humbuckers would do just fine for those bands. The Ibanez would be great.
Thank you very much
what do you think about cost and quality is this guitar worth its price ?
I haven't played that particular guitar, however I am an Ibanez owner (and I have played many Ibanez guitars) and am favorably impressed with Ibanez quality. I think it is worth the price. The Artist series is highly regarded and the specifications (pickups, wood, beauty) are very nice.
Quote by Muppet
On the other hand the Ibanez solid body guitars are way overpriced and not worth it either.

...coming from the guy with a $2000 Les Paul

Thank you very much
what do you think about cost and quality is this guitar worth its price ?

Yes. The build quality on the Artists being made now is outstanding. Plus, you're getting a great bridge, tunable tailpiece and Super 58's.