My 6 string just arrived and i was wondering what songs could i learn or suggest bands that use 5/6 string basses?

I have already gone for the obvious: Primus and Korn. Can you suggest any others?

Thanks

Joshua
Necrophagist.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
Dream Theater
Symphony X (I think)
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i like to play a lot of les claypool

but i have found that with a six string its so much more fun to make up your own things just because everything that has been made for six string is either really hard or just not entertaining
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
If you're into Primus and Korn, check out Infectious Grooves. Trujillo uses a 5-stringer.

Quote by dadsgoosen
Metallica, they use a 5 strings

On which songs?
Dream Theater songs such as
As i Am
Endless Sacrifice
The Glass Prison -love this song - 13:47 min of good music

or some symphony x even thought its reall a 5 string.
In The Dragons Den
Inferno
Out of the Ashes
Sea of Lies-cool bass parts in this song
Church of the Machine
Last edited by crzywhiteboy at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by Lendorav

On which songs?

I believe most Metallica songs can be played on a 4-string, but on some songs (like One) Jason used a 5-string, but it was only really apparent in maybe one or two parts of the song. Nothing really noticeable unless you are looking for it, and all the tabs ignore the 5th string.
Last edited by xOpifex at Oct 16, 2007,
Only Ash Remains, Fermented Offal Discharge, Stabwouond, Intestinal Incubation - Necrophagist. Stefan Fimmers is the man when it comes to modern metal bassists.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.