I normally don't care for BC Rich guitars, but I've always liked the classic exotic series.

Unfortunately, like most BCR gutars, it's Nato.

WHY?! Everything else is good, but then, BAM! Nato.
That's purty.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
nato is fine.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Everyone who's bitching about agathis and nato being bad tonewoods is really just a complete and utter conservative traditionalist in whose opinion guitars should only be made out of maple and/or mahogany, or ash. And maybe alder. Blah, nonsense. Nato is fine.
Nato is just a type of mahogany, theres no problem with it.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by MaidenRules666
Nato is just a type of mahogany, theres no problem with it.

Without going into the discussion of whether it's a good tonewood or not, it is not a type of mahogany. In fact, it used to be a cheap mahogany substitute.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Nato has more sustain but less attack than other mahoganys. it's stilla great tonewood imo, i prefer it over mahogany. i'm also in the game for that exact guitar, i just pray the spalted maple top ends up looking as good as that one

also worth noting it's a bit heavier than mahogany. you'd be best trying out one of the other bc rich guitars made from nato. i tried the NJ and loved it
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD