I'm trying to teach myself guitar until I can get a teacher (soon hopefully), and I've been trying some songs... so far I've learned most of Iron Man (except the solo), and I'm also trying to learn Soy Bomb (I'm not familiar with the rhythm)

Any other suggestions? Also, how can I strengthen my fingers and make em faster? I've got this blue Nike resistance training thing that you squeeze with your hand, would that work?
practice and smoke on the water is easy so try that too, thats guitar taboo to play or so ive heard but its easy to learn but practice is really important.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Ironman...How i do love playing that. I just make up my own solo to be honest. But i do add the only bit of the solo i no into it *rolls eyes*

Yeah Smoke on the Water is good easy song, and Grinder by Judas Priest is rather easy aswell.

Never deny Enter Sandman a chance either. *Awaits flaming for mentioning a good song*
blackbird by the beatles was the first thing i learned
or smells like teen spirit by nirvana
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Ironman...How i do love playing that. I just make up my own solo to be honest. But i do add the only bit of the solo i no into it *rolls eyes*

Yeah Smoke on the Water is good easy song, and Grinder by Judas Priest is rather easy aswell.

Never deny Enter Sandman a chance either. *Awaits flaming for mentioning a good song*

Metallica rocks man, Black Album wasn't as heavy as MoP but it was still good music. Now, St. Anger on the other hand :P

And I've heard of Malmsteen... unless Arpeggios from Hell is actually easy, you might as well have suggested a DragonForce songs *bring on the flaming, their songs are pretty fast*

Thanks for the suggestions guys. How about for strengthening my fingers?
The Nike thing will build up your wrist mainly but your fingers too, will help with Barre Chords, Rape me-Nirvana is pretty easy, Last nite- The Strokes. Both of those have pretty easy songs. Good luck.
Hells bells by AC/DC is easy
Enter sandman by Metallica is also easy (Metallica Rocks)
Good Riddence by Green day if you can play chords
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Yeah, the hand thing will build up your hand and wrist, but the best way to build up your fingers is through playing.

Check out "the beginners song program" link in the stickies at the top. Tons of suggestions in there.
mother pink floyd good chord progression decent solo
Quote by pfizer
Okay then, let's say I've got enough food to feed Yngwie Malmsteen for a day (about 6 months for regular people).
ahh soy bomb my first song, for finger's musicians friends has a finger exerciser and also you can get the callous building ruff grips for it too
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."