The differences are:

- Gibson and Epiphone use different types of finish. Gibson use nitro...whatever the hell, and Epi use... something I don't remember the name of. In practise, this makes very little difference.
- With Gibsons, you typically get the choice of a 50's or 60's neck profile. With Epi, you have to have the one standard Epi neck profile.
- Gibsons use hand-crafted parts. Epi - including the Elitists - are mostly machine-made parts, and things like inlays and such are laser-cut. Some people prefer the Epi way since they are more consistent and precise; other people prefer the Gibson way because... I actually don't know why. Personally I see no advantage in having it hand-made, as if anything that's just leaving you wide open for human error, but some people prefer it that way I guess.
- The electronics are of course different.
- The headstock.

Generally, an Epiphone Elitist LP standard is a little bit better quality than a Gibson LP standard, so long as you don't mind the different neck, and the fact it hasn't had that 'human touch' in it's making.
Quote by bokuho
The differences are:

- Gibson and Epiphone use different types of finish. Gibson use nitro...whatever the hell, and Epi use... something I don't remember the name of. In practise, this makes very little difference.
- With Gibsons, you typically get the choice of a 50's or 60's neck profile. With Epi, you have to have the one standard Epi neck profile.
- Gibsons use hand-crafted parts. Epi - including the Elitists - are mostly machine-made parts, and things like inlays and such are laser-cut. Some people prefer the Epi way since they are more consistent and precise; other people prefer the Gibson way because... I actually don't know why. Personally I see no advantage in having it hand-made, as if anything that's just leaving you wide open for human error, but some people prefer it that way I guess.
- The electronics are of course different.
- The headstock.

Generally, an Epiphone Elitist LP standard is a little bit better quality than a Gibson LP standard, so long as you don't mind the different neck, and the fact it hasn't had that 'human touch' in it's making.

You obviously have not owned a Gibson. Go for the Gibson,he's forgetting to mention the binding,the hand carved arch top,crazy sustain,and better pick-ups the Gibson has.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
You obviously have not owned a Gibson. Go for the Gibson,he's forgetting to mention the binding,the hand carved arch top,crazy sustain,and better pick-ups the Gibson has.

The Elitist has binding, plenty of sustain, and Gibson pickups are far from being anything special
Quote by We'realltoBlame

I own two Gibsons actually, both LP Classics. I also own two Epis, a Kramer, and a Fender bass, if you wish to call me out on anything else.

- The binding is the same, colour aside.
- I already went over the fact that Gibson stuff is hand-carved while the Epi stuff isn't.
- Sustain is exactly the same, though more to the point, has nothing to do with which brand made the instrument. A solid tree trunk would have 'crazy sustain', but that's irrelevant, much like your post.
- I also mentioned the superior hardware and electronics of the Gibson. However of course most people change the pickups on either anyway, and whether any given pickup is better than another or not is down to personal preference and what you need to use it for. I know some people who prefer the stock pickup in an Epi LP Junior to Gibson Burstbuckers; conversely I know people who prefer EMG active pickups to anything else ever made.
You can just buy and exchange those better pickups, no binding? Oh no, what to do without a cream stripe. The Elitist should also have great sustain.
For the money, the Epiphone. Overall the Gibson.

See, that was precise and to the point.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Check out a Japanese Tokai LP. You can get an ls150 much cheaper than a Gibson standard, and the Tokai absolutely slaughters it in tone, quality and attention to detail.
Gibson's quality control really has gone to **** - the main reason being that they've doubled their output without employing more staff to meet the increase in production.
Tokais are QUALITY.
f they have an imperfection, they're scrapped.

I see no need to have an inferior overpriced guitar just because it has that name on the headstock... if it means that much, there are headstock transfers that can make it look like a Gibson.

Hope this helps.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

gibson standards > gibson classics (though i prefer the 60's neck) > epi elitist > gibson studios
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^ that works too
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!