Well I'm 14 and I weigh around 182 lb (around 13 stone) I wouldn't say I'm THAT fat but I do have a pretty big amount of flab..lol.. so like I really wanna lose weight and start building up muscle. I was just wondering should I lose weight first THEN build up muscles like weight lifting etc or would it be ok to start lifting weights while I'm still sorta chubby and losing weight? And could anybody give me and general advice for losing weight etc? Thanks
Two things you have to remember when losing weight and building muscle...

1/ Use the search bar

2/ There is already a couple threads like this
Same here mate,im 14 and weigh about 11.5-12st and want to do the exact same thing as you lol. I recommend joining bodyspace.com, people are really nice there and always keep your spirits up,boost your confidence etc. Always lose weight first, but leave a bit because to bodybuild,you need some energy to work on,because fat is stored,unused nutrients from food which are used in exercise is just what fat is.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Well I'm not sure what works best, BUT I lost around 45 pounds of fat by working out 3 times a week, and doing high intensity cardio (otherwise known as HIIT, google it) twice a week. Food is also crazy important, stay away from white bread and white rice and other refined carbs like that. So basically, i recommend losing fat and building muscle at the same time. Weights boost metabolism which burns fat/Weights build muscle. Win/win situation.
if you start doing weights when large you wont lose weight you will just turn fat into muscle (which is heavier)
prob best to run / cycle / general fitness stuff first, n then starty doin weights
You guys, there are tons of threads on this. Be that as it may, pm me if you want bodybuilding information. One word. Cardio.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
by the way, if you can do higher intensity training (sprints), please don't jog. jogging is the most overrated excersise ever. It won't burn fat it'll just burn calories (which might actually lower muscle/fat ratio)
first of all, wait two years extra if youre gonna build muscles. Second, take a run once in a while to lose wieght, dont try to lose your bellyfat just by lifting wieghts. Its worthless. Run one day, gym another, run, gym etc.. Get it?
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Me: Honestly, why haven't we had sex yet?

Her: IDK, we are doing tomorrow after cinema, aren't we?

Me: Err...are we?

Her. Damn right we are.

Thanks UG.
Quote by Incardito
Eating another man without BBQ sauce is pretty badass
dude im 13 about 5' 9" and 170 i dont think im that fat but i lost 20lbs by running 2 miles every cuple a days that may sound like alot but when you go out and do it its not that bad && i found that lifting wieghts once your in shape is alot eaiser
your body will burn fat fast if you have more muslce. you don't have to bulk up but at least try to tone and tightn' up by dong more reps with a lighter weight
i recently lost 15 pounds in 2 and a half weeks with cardio exercises listen to fishyesque.it helps with your stamina alot to
stop eating and walk to school/ work everyday for a week, i did it and lost 50 pounds.
by the way, if you can do higher intensity training (sprints), please don't jog. jogging is the most overrated excersise ever. It won't burn fat it'll just burn calories (which might actually lower muscle/fat ratio)

Sprinting is more likely to burn calories. Your body has many different energy sources. And fat is most likely get burnt while running/jogging cause it's alot less intense. Sprinting is alot more likely to burn more valuable energy sources. Also do cardio exercise before eating. It's the best way to burn the fat because you haven't stocked up on other energy sources as much.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
If you can do something like swimming or rowing as cardio because it will help you tone your upper body while giving you a good cardio workout, whereas running or sprints will just build your legs. Swimming is probably the best exercise in my opinion. I lifted all through high school and college and could never get my back and shoulders really built up. I started swimming six months ago and i lost 7 percent of my body fat( I still lift pretty regularly) but my back and shoulders really gained size, and remember this: the bigger your shoulders and back are the slimmer you will appear because of the V shape going on. Good Luck!! Glad to see you young guys working out and not just sitting on your ass all day
Quote by jpast
If you can do something like swimming or rowing as cardio because it will help you tone your upper body while giving you a good cardio workout, whereas running or sprints will just build your legs. Swimming is probably the best exercise in my opinion. I lifted all through high school and college and could never get my back and shoulders really built up. I started swimming six months ago and i lost 7 percent of my body fat( I still lift pretty regularly) but my back and shoulders really gained size, and remember this: the bigger your shoulders and back are the slimmer you will appear because of the V shape going on. Good Luck!! Glad to see you young guys working out and not just sitting on your ass all day

Yah lol, if you wanna look like Edward Norton when he was in American History X. I read that it took him about 6 months to get that body,and im not gay,but in that film he did have a good looking body lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Footzyrama
Also do cardio exercise before eating. It's the best way to burn the fat because you haven't stocked up on other energy sources as much.

Great point. Exercise before meals, cause then it can work on the fat instead of the food in you. I recommend right as you wake up.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Also I forgot this in my first post, changing your diet is the biggest factor. Up your protein which is digested slowly by your body making you feel fuller longer. Cut out bad carbs, eat whole wheat for every grain, and dont cut out fat just eat good fat like the kind in almonds and walnuts, or Peanut Butter( but only the natural kind).

Sorry for the double post