The G string on my guitar goes out of tune after 1 bend (literally!)

Is this likely to be the strings fault or is it more likely that my tuning peg is screwed?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
How many times are you wrapping the string around the tuning post?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
It's wrapped round 3 times
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
i have the same problem with the same exact string. what i do is i just keep the neck unlocked so whenever it goes out of tune, i tune it again. It's better than constantly having to unlock the neck, tune it, and lock it again.
I used to have that problem when I used a plain G string. I switched to a set of strings with a wound G, and now everything sounds right.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I've took the peg of to check..... and yeh, it's ****ed
So, If i decide to buy a new set of machine heads, will they be difficult to install?

Quote by TheClincher