I was thinking of buying a Digitech RP250 or some analog pedals, cause I dont know if its worht buying a multi fx if Im not going to use the 50 effects, I was looking for a delay, reverb, wah, booster, and maybe an overdrive.

I have a Vox AD50... and play rock, alternative and indie.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE!!!!(digitech rp250)

i love it so much

you can make your own presets, and you can make your own sound

so its the bomb..... i love it
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
analog pedals are always going to be better with lower budget multi effects, such as the digitech ones. go for stomp boxes youll keep them longer, and get better quality.
and sorry to say it but your amp wont agree with pedals much really, as its a modeller.
The analog pedals will have the better sound and will last longer. All my friends that have the cheap Digitechs have had problems with them.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Ananlogue pedals all the way. I tried the rp200a, & it's just so digital, it sounds like a cheap amine cartoon sound-track. I've only had my DS-1 and crybaby wah for a week, and I knwo I made the right choice - gonna sell the multi-board when I get back home from university, and use the cash to buy a DS-1
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Analogue pedals kick the **** out of any of Digitech's RP multieffects, but if you get into higher-end MFX then MFX can compete with the analogues.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
I have a multi fx and pedals and the pedals kick the **** out of the multi fx. The sounds are better and the bipass is generally much cleaner.

So like everyone else said...Analogue pedals.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Every digitech pedal I've bought was awful, I had a multi-effects pedal in my early guitar days but I find there's better tone in the simple things.

MVL.
My RP50 is o.k., but single effects pedals are much better, I now have the RP50 in my pedal lineup just for the Noise Gate and Tuner. (which arent high quality, but better than nothing)
Quote by Guitar-God-Elf
analog pedals are always going to be better with lower budget multi effects, such as the digitech ones. go for stomp boxes youll keep them longer, and get better quality.
and sorry to say it but your amp wont agree with pedals much really, as its a modeller.

a friend of mine has a multi fx and a Vox AD30 and he says it works pretty well...
If you mostly want a particular sound, a good amp, and a couple analog pedals would be the way to go.

If you play a lot of different stuff, then a MFX is often the way to go for a beginner to intermediate player.

In general, if you are not carefull an MFX will not sound good through a guitar rig as it will direct to a PA or very clean amp. So that is where a lot of people dismiss them. Also a lot of the presets work well only with single coil pickup guitar, such as for an acoustic model. I don't like the built-in pickup effects, so that is why I have at least two types of guitars to use with my RP350. I would have spent thousands to get the same sounds (all would be better though) and a large room to put all that stuff in, and some money left over for an ex-wife.

I don't recommend the RP350 over other MFX, I don't have enough use with other units. I am just trying to point you towards an MFX or not. I have a few covers posted with various sounds being used (and both guitars) with my setup and some pictures.
I bought a GNX2 off Craigslist for $75 and it's a nice unit. With midi hookup and software you can dial in some great sounds. It has amp warping where you can create two amp models and mix them. The presets are a bit harsh sounding, but once you work with it you can get some good sounds.

The RP-x50 series get great marks from the people that use them.
i like zoom than any other MFX. though zoom is for the "not so rich" but decent guitarists.