so i have an epiphone SG, some washburn guitar that i got in a kit when i first learned, and a squire strat.. i have a line 6 spyder III amp and a fender frontman amp as well. I really dont like the sound that i get out of those amps and i regret ever buying the line 6 what i wanted to know was.. what is a good guitar that i could buy that would be good for playing say... van halen. I really need a good tremolo bar guitar. and i was also wondering what kind of amp you guys recommend i should get. thanks

ps first post!! aww yeah haha
you really seem to have wasted a lot of money early on with your equipment, but anyway, if you mean be able to play fast like van halen then try a guitar with a thin profile neck, like jackson. if you want a really nice full toned sound try the VOX amps or ORANGE amps
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
How about some more info, like:

What's your budget (for the amp and for the guitar)?

Where do you live (this can have an effect on the pricing and availability of certain products)?

What brands have you been looking at?

Are there any bands, other than Van Halen, which you like soundwise?

What's going to be the main purpose of your new rig (gigging, practice, small jams, etc.)?

Good double locking trems are OFRs and LFRs, made by certain companies, like Schaller, Gotoh and Vigier (although Vigier bridges are going to be very hard to find on non-Vigier instruments).

You'll probably want a guitar with humbuckers, so keep that in mind during your search.

An Ibanez guitar would be a thought, but make sure it has a good bridge like the ZR (s series) or Edge Pro (Prestige and up), there are other nice Ibanez bridges, but these are mainly found on older models.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
How about some more info, like:

What's your budget (for the amp and for the guitar)?

Where do you live (this can have an effect on the pricing and availability of certain products)?

What brands have you been looking at?

Are there any bands, other than Van Halen, which you like soundwise?

What's going to be the main purpose of your new rig (gigging, practice, small jams, etc.)?

well i dont really have soo much money at the moment, right now i have about 150. but i was planning on selling my squire and the amps to make some cash off of that. I live in cambridge, ontario. Im not too sure about what brands. All i know is i would really like a guitar that has a good tremolo bar. but yeah ive tried a jackson before. and my friend has an ibanez. As far as other bands.. im into GNR, velvet revolver, AC/DC blah blah blah but my epiphone kinda takes care of those. and i dont play gigs or anything. i just jam with my friends. buts gigs are a possibility.
Quote by malatches165
well i dont really have soo much money at the moment, right now i have about 150. but i was planning on selling my squire and the amps to make some cash off of that. I live in cambridge, ontario. Im not too sure about what brands. All i know is i would really like a guitar that has a good tremolo bar. but yeah ive tried a jackson before. and my friend has an ibanez. As far as other bands.. im into GNR, velvet revolver, AC/DC blah blah blah but my epiphone kinda takes care of those. and i dont play gigs or anything. i just jam with my friends. buts gigs are a possibility.

Given that you have a fair amount of gear already and you're not planning on frequently gigging in the near future, I suggest you save up a little more.

Especially in the lower price range every dollar you spend more can make a difference.

I know it's hard to wait and that you probably want a new setup now, but upgrading with the money you have now is pointless.

If you get a simple job, or do a few small chores, you should be able to add ten to twenty bucks to your fund every week, yes, it will still take a while, but it's worth it.

In the mean time, practice and read up on different guitars so that by the time you have a fair amount of money, you'll know what to look for.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 16, 2007,