I bought a new laptop today and it has this wierd box thing next to the keyboard that's about 1cm x 1cm and has a gold thing in the middle. The guy at PC World said that it's a sensor so it picks up your fingerprint instead of needing to use a password to log into the user account (it's on windows vista). Does anyone know how I can activate it to use instead of using a password?

I know it's useless but it's a neat little thing to show off with
asking the guy at the store or emailing tech support from the company who makes it would be a better bet than asking on here to find a quick, accurate answer...

although that is pretty freakin sweet
You know how people Xerox their butts at work on the copy machine? Do that to it, only with your finger.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
I do not know how to do it, but I'm more intrigued that it has it, I've never heard of that getting on to laptops yet?

I way want one...
Thanks for reading
the biometric (fingerprint) option might be in the user options of the control panel where you would usually change your password
Quote by add666
the biometric (fingerprint) option might be in the user options of the control panel where you would usually change your password

I've checked and it's not
Desperate times cause for desperate measures... tried the manual? Or even checking online? Look up your devices and see who makes the thing... then look them up?
Thanks for reading
It's probably just a sticker and he was just pulling your leg.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."