Okay, first things first, just click on my username/check out my profile to listen to the song, it's titled "Going Nowhere" (it's the only one there, so you can't go wrong really!)

I'm the lead guitarist, taking the clean (not acoustic) and distorted/solo parts. It's a rock/ballad kind of song (so nothing too original really!). This is the first mixed/mastered song out of five we recorded this September... The other four songs are taking a lot longer than we'd expected (due to unforsee-able circumstances with our 'producer'), and we'd initially planned to save this song for the album and not officialy 'release' it. But we basically got bored of waiting, and we're anxious to hear what people think!

By the way, if you like us, then add our MySpace! - www.myspace.com/therequisite

I'd also like to add (as a footnote, it's not really that important) that my solo didn't turn out as I'd hoped, but it does the job methinks!

Constructive feedback/criticism is always welcome. But please keep it constructive
not bad, im not a fan of the vocals and the rythm they come in at, the singers voice has a good tone and with a bit of work on the timing could be very power metal sounding good tho solid solo
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
sometimes the voice is a bit trembling. good riffs and rythm. solo seems good but maybe a bit too much delay

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693026 if you want to crit my song back
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
I like this song. Very nice. The clean guitar adds a nice touch when it plays in the verses. The drums feel wrong when they come in though. They change the rhythm of the song, and it doesn't work when they first come in. I really don't care for the distorted guitar tone. I don't know what it is about it, but it just doesn't sound good to me. Also, when I first heard the chorus, I was sure the line was going to be "I don't mind going nowhere, if you don't mind going there with me". I like the vocal arrangement as you guys keep repeating the chorus near the end.

here's a song of mine to check out. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692679
First, thanks for all the input guys, I've returned all crit so far.

Quote by minivia
not bad, im not a fan of the vocals and the rythm they come in at, the singers voice has a good tone and with a bit of work on the timing could be very power metal sounding good tho solid solo

Thanks for the input; what don't you like about the rhythm/timing of the vocals? I cant really imagine them in any other way... but that's probably because this how I've always known the song!

Quote by crocoscar
sometimes the voice is a bit trembling. good riffs and rythm. solo seems good but maybe a bit too much delay

Again, thanks for the input Yeah, the delay on the solo is a production effect that wasn't on the raw signal, although I quite like the level of delay used.

Quote by big crouton
I like this song. Very nice. The clean guitar adds a nice touch when it plays in the verses. The drums feel wrong when they come in though. They change the rhythm of the song, and it doesn't work when they first come in. I really don't care for the distorted guitar tone. I don't know what it is about it, but it just doesn't sound good to me. Also, when I first heard the chorus, I was sure the line was going to be "I don't mind going nowhere, if you don't mind going there with me". I like the vocal arrangement as you guys keep repeating the chorus near the end.

Seeing as though I've already said it twice, it would be rude not to say it again - thanks for the input! I can't really comment on the drums; I'm no drummer, I've never really noticed any sort of rhythm change because of them. As for the guitar tone; yeah it never came out like I was hoping it would, but then I can't afford decent gear - I used a Peavey Valveking 112! It could have been worse though, I guess. Getting new speakers soon anyway
Yeah, i listened to this song yesterday and forgot to crit it. I actually really like it, the singer is good and i personally like his style. The mixing also seemed to be spot on - Well done.

And tbh, even if his voice is trembly who cares.... bruce dickinson anyone? :P
Quote by chrisatgrace
the vocals were a bit odd sounding to mine. not neccisarrily his voice, but it sounds like he's intentionally useing a manerism that doesn't quite fit. i really like the instruments, although what i heard of hte solo wasn't so great.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695630

Thanks for the feedback Yeah, the solo wasn't up to what I hoped it would be, and I wasn't confident enough to be improvising when we were short on time, so I had to stick with a watered down version of a solo I wrote to start with

I will return crit soon
I really liked it man. Maybe turn down the delay a little on the.
solo, but don't add to much to it, to me it doesn't sound like the kind of song that should have an overly complex solo. That being said, I think the solo could be left as is and it would still fit really nicely.

I really dug the singer's voice though sometimes the lyrics felt like they were being crammed into a space they couldnt fit into, I know my band has the same problem with trying to make the lyrics we write and the music fit together, but even saying that, its not anything that noticeable that it takes away from the song.

Other than that, I thought the song was awesome, and would buy your band's album if you guys ever made one

All of the "crits" I've made have been stretches as well, I really had to look to find something I didn't like here

Keep up the awesome work!
Vocals were a bit eh, I mean it's kind of missing some agression considering the guitar sounds really full, the vocals lack fullness. But instruments were great and I loved the intro acoustic riffs. Overall good job, but vocals could have been better.

c4c?
http://www.myspace.com/whatwouldkurtisdo

EDIT: turns out I actually critted "Smalltown"
haha sorry
Last edited by GOD*OF*ROCK at Oct 31, 2007,