So this year's free agency looks pretty boring compared to previous years, but rumours are circling that A-Rod could opt out of his Yankees contract. Where do you think he will end up?

Im a Giants fan, and we have been named as potential suitors for A-Rod, and i would welcome him, but not with his salary. we would be spending half of our budget on Zito and A-rod, which would leave us with the one superstar thing again, which we had with bonds, and that didn't bring us success.

Will he end up with Vlad, and potentially Bonds at the Angels, which would be a hell of a power trio, or is A-Rod and Boras just doing this to get a bigger salary from the Yanks??

Discuss
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
He's going to the Pittsburgh Pirates,there's no denying it.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I think he'll stay in New York. He can handle the media and everything, and learned to thrive. The only thing that will sway him will be his agent.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
It's going to have to be a big market team. The problem with huge stars like him is that a team that's not disgustingly rich has to devote so much of their salary to one player. It happened in Cincinnati when they picked up Griffey. They won 95 games the year before, and haven't had a winning season since.

Baseball ought to institute a salary cap; it's done great things for other sports.
Death to Ovation haters!
yeah, there are only a few teams that could afford his probable $300m 10 year deal: yanks, red sox, mets and dodgers
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Out of those 4, id say, if anywhere, the Dodgers or the Mets. Most likely Dodgers, to give them a good playoff shot. Most likely, tho, Steinbrenner will keep him around. And idk if a Salary cap is a great idea, as teams would probably have to vote on it. and big teams, like the Yankees and Mets would definately vote against it, as would some important people in the Player's Union.
Quote by PatchworkMan
It's going to have to be a big market team. The problem with huge stars like him is that a team that's not disgustingly rich has to devote so much of their salary to one player. It happened in Cincinnati when they picked up Griffey. They won 95 games the year before, and haven't had a winning season since.

Baseball ought to institute a salary cap; it's done great things for other sports.

yeah i agree, but the reds were unlucky with griffey. he's constantly injured, and when they signed him, everyone thought that he would be the next HR king. They would have thought that he would bring success and a massive boom in shirt sales!

Baseball does have the luxury tax, but when you look at the Yanks team, most of them would be the superstar in any other team: jeter, a rod, abreu, matsui (maybe), wang, petitte, mussina, giambi. In that sense, a salary cap would be great.

But the d'backs, rockies and the tribe have a budget of $50m each, and the d'backs have assigned the $20m to pay for the big unit, and the likes of russ ortiz, so essentially, they've got to the NLCS with $30m!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
A Rod... in someone's Rectum.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
I agree,A-Rod,if he leaves,will go to some other rich team. I can't wait to see the Pirates next tho, since they have a new GM(Huntington) and a new CEO.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Boring?? Come on, there's still speculation on where Torii Hunter is going. If he doesn't stay with the Twins
Yeah, he'll be at a big team next year. i can see it being in LA, with either the dodgers or the angels, depending on whether bonds goes to the angels or the a's.

But im really looking forward to the new season. It can't get much worse for a giants fan! My only worry is how we will sign in the off season. There are rumours about Manny coming to us, which i don't want. He'd be marginally better than bonds!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
he's going to the cubbies!! THANK GOD! he was getting paid way too much to play for the yanks and not perform