x=palm mute

G|-------------------------|
D|-------------------------|
A|-------------------------|
E|-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-|

(along to the double bass)

How does that sound???

Sam
IMO it's just emphasis on the double bass that will barely be noticed and lacks any kind of depth. There would really be no point. If you do anything like that you should just do open E's to the double bass.

Edit: If you are determined to do something like this try and add in some fills of your own so it isn't boring.
It sounds dumb. Go home.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
that doesnt look like a good bassline so far, haha

umm how about this?:

G|----x---x---------x---x---------|
D|---------------------------------|
A|-------------------------5-5h7--|
E|0-x---x---5h7-x---x-------------|
Last edited by d K A p S at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by thekooliest09
screw u...its supposed to be a GUITAR solo...

Yeah the screw you part was neccessary but all because it's a guitar solo doesn't mean that you can't have anything interesting under it.
Quote by FullMetalBass
Yeah the screw you part was neccessary but all because it's a guitar solo doesn't mean that you can't have anything interesting under it.

i know...im sry man...i just wanted a point
^ thank you as a guitar player myself i hate it when bassists go "it's a guitar solo so i cant play anything good". Trust me since the pitch of guitars is higher they will still be noticed, especially since they're soloing, but if you just pound root notes or w/e the solo will be lacking. Usually when i solo or play i get a lot of my inspiration from the bass/rhythm so if you put an interesting bassline down it will make a more interesting guitar solo.

Phil Lesh from the Grateful Dead, Berry Oakley from The Allman Brothers Band are two great players who do this and it helps the sound immensely.
ok man...i think during the main meltdown ima play along with the double bass...

A|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
E|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|

(both e's)
Quote by thekooliest09
ok man...i think during the main meltdown ima play along with the double bass...

A|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
E|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|

(both e's)

I don't think thats quite what they meant by adding something to it. As thats just playing the root with the octave above it but still pounding it maybe try using the thirds and fifths of the chord if you're hell bent on staying on the One Chord of E
well u wont be able to feel me...so im just mkaing a bass beat...the drummer...through the whole breakdown plays 4 fills so...

Fill 1 Fill 2 Fill 3 Fill 4
G|----------------------|----------------------|---------------------|----------------------|-------------------|
D|----------------------|----------------------|----------------1-2-|----------------------|-------------------|
A|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|---------0-2-4------|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-|
E|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-2-4--------------|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-|

how does that sound...(idk exactly how many beats till the breakdown)