hey UG,

i just changed my strings today,i do that once every month sometimes every 3 weeks but today the high E string had this horrible fret buzz when it's open or fretted on the first fret and faintly buzzes in the second and third frets.and also faint fret buzz on the d string when its open.

what do you think is causing this problem?i used the same gauge strings (.09-.42) do you think the neck might be warped,because everytime i change strings i take off all the strings at the same time because i clean my fretboard which usually takes about 10-15 mins or the slots in the nut might be loose?i don't know what's going on and i thought i might ask UG and try to fix it myself before i take it to the shop
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Can you hear the buzz through your amp?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
when it's open or in the first fret i do,it's not as much when i play it dry but you can definitely notice it and it sounds kinda dead and doesn't have as much sustain like it used to
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
hmmm...are the strings stretched properly?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yes it is,what i do is put on the strings,tune up,pull on it side to side and tune up again(i do it 3-4 times or till the pitch doesn't drops a lot),like the thing they show you in the guitar world video
Quote by Gunpowder
Last edited by pa3k_2414 at Oct 16, 2007,