Page 1 of 3
I was just wondering if there are any two lead singers, from different bands, who sound so similar, you have to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing. Because I swear

Chris Martin from Coldplay

and

Mat Kearney

are the same fucking guy.

any other examples?

(also, Brandon Boyd from Incubus and the Hoobastank lead singer are very similar at times)
Quote by RC_Hammer
fall out boy's and Panic's vocalist sound the same. uggghghghgg

Brendon Urie is just a sucky rip off of Patrick Stump.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by RC_Hammer
fall out boy's and Panic's vocalist sound the same. uggghghghgg

not at all.... I used to think that but in reality no way, maybe the way the write though.

I also used to mistake Eddie Veter, Scott Weiland, and Scott Stap for the same person.

Paige Hamilton kind of sounds like Ozzy on Un-sung.

My friend says Matt Belamy sounds like the dude from Keane
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Brendon Urie is just a sucky rip off of Patrick Stump.

Is that humanly possible? How can one do a sucky imitation of something that is already quite sucky? Doesn't that negate the suckyness of the imitation and make them equal?

They both sound like cats fighting down the alley with homeless men looking for sex.
Whoever the hell does the vocals for Dragonforce sounds VERY familiar to me,but I wouldn't know who.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
every singer of a death metal band
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
A hell of a lot of rappers
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Michael Gremio - Cellador

Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nJNcgwAuTaI the chorus IS bruce dickinson, i swear to god. It's the EXAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTT same sound of Bruce from Maiden's recent releases.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by dreamtheater91

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nJNcgwAuTaI the chorus IS bruce dickinson, i swear to god. It's the EXAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTT same sound of Bruce from Maiden's recent releases.

no way, i will not even watch your little video. NO ONE CAN EQUAL THE BRUCE. even if someone could, i refuse to acknowledge their existence.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by lushacrous
A hell of a lot of rappers

So true.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
Shaun Morgan (Seether) and Kurt Cobain

Wolfmother and Led Zeppelin

Stone Temple Pilots and Creed

..a list of singers who sound a lot a like that i can think of off the top of my head
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Thom Yorke and God.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Don't know why I'm participating in this thread, but:

Eddie Vedder and Scott Stapp
Eddie Vedder and John Butler
Kurt Cobain and the vocalist of Puddle of Mudd
Thom Yorke and Matt Bellamy
Brandon Boyd (sp?) and the vocalist of Hoobastank
The vocalist of Fall Out Boy and the vocalist of Panic! At the Disco
Layne Stanley and Aaron Lewis
James Maynard Keenan and the vocalist from Earshot
Last edited by yawn at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Wolfmother and Led Zeppelin

true. to me he sounds like a cross between early ozzy (well early black sabbath if your gonna be like that) and robert plant. their music doesnt really sound like zeppelin to me, though. but some will disagree.

and on topic, the vocalist from rancid and joe strummer. their music sounds similiar to me. (but i like both bands)

Jack my swag
Quote by eXperiment63
Is that humanly possible? How can one do a sucky imitation of something that is already quite sucky? Doesn't that negate the suckyness of the imitation and make them equal?

They both sound like cats fighting down the alley with homeless men looking for sex.

Actually if you bothered to listen to Fall Out Boy without immeadietly sticking your tongue out you might hear that Stump has got better pipes than many artists out there right now..
^but why would anyone bother to listen to fall out boy when everything but the vocals is absolute garbage (and I still think the vocals are annoying)?
Peepee on yo tittays
Quote by dreamtheater91

holy **** someone cloned bruces voice but why oh god why does he look like such a homo

hmm on second listen sound more like kai hansen from helloween.still kick ass vocals though

and the guitarist looks as gay as alexi damn it i was ready to like this band
Last edited by sidereal9 at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by eXperiment63

Patrick Stump has a good voice that he uses for music that may not be to your taste(or mine anymore) but,it's still pretty good.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Chad Kroeger and whoever Theory Of A Dead Man's vocalist is.

sammmmee damn voice >_>
Vince Neil and the singer from Ugly Kid Joe! Listen to I hate everything about you and just compare the voices.
Quote by dreamtheater91

Holy crap he does sound like bruce!

And Yawn, Matt Bellamy does not sound like Thom Yorke, if anyone it is Jeff Buckley.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
virtouso listen again it is a kai hansen helloween gamma ray imitation not bruce or am i just being to nit picky?
Quote by The Virtuoso
And Yawn, Matt Bellamy does not sound like Thom Yorke, if anyone it is Jeff Buckley.
Matt Bellamy sounds more like Thom Yorke than Jeff Buckley. I could never ever hear Matt or Jeff and think it was the other. Granted, I could never confuse Matt or Thom either, but I could have when I first started listening to the former.
Robert Plant and that dude from Led Zeppelin.
██████████████████████████████
Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell are almost indistinguishable, until Chris starts wailing.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
every death metal singer ever
claudio sanchez & 70s geddy lee
justin timberlake & michael jackson
Quote by yawn
Matt Bellamy sounds more like Thom Yorke than Jeff Buckley. I could never ever hear Matt or Jeff and think it was the other. Granted, I could never confuse Matt or Thom either, but I could have when I first started listening to the former.

The only reason that people say they sound similar is because they both go from singing mediumish to high a lot. Matt Bellamy does a lot of singing in the style of Jeff Buckley (not exactly the way Jeff sounds) like his scream vibratoish thing and some of the note choices are similar of Jeff and Matt. Listen to Jeff Buckley scream at the end of his song "Grace" and than listen to how Matt screams...

Listen to the last minute of Grace http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=siNsgbIWhAQ

Also listen to Dream Brother, err...if you haven't you should also just check out Jeff Buckley because he is just ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best singers I've ever heard.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I'd Have To Say:

The Singer From Puddle of Mud and Kurt Kobain

The guy from Operator and Chris Cornell
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138
no way, i will not even watch your little video. NO ONE CAN EQUAL THE BRUCE. even if someone could, i refuse to acknowledge their existence.

+1
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by The Virtuoso
The only reason that people say they sound similar is because they both go from singing mediumish to high a lot. Matt Bellamy does a lot of singing in the style of Jeff Buckley (not exactly the way Jeff sounds) like his scream vibratoish thing and some of the note choices are similar of Jeff and Matt. Listen to Jeff Buckley scream at the end of his song "Grace" and than listen to how Matt screams...

Listen to the last minute of Grace http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=siNsgbIWhAQ

Also listen to Dream Brother, err...if you haven't you should also just check out Jeff Buckley because he is just ****ing amazing, definitely one of the best singers I've ever heard.
Matt's singing style was influenced by Jeff, no doubt, but the two vocalists' voice timbers are (were) quite different as far as I'm concerned.

And thanks, but I already do listen to Jeff Buckley.
Quote by yawn
Matt's singing style was influenced by Jeff, no doubt, but the two vocalists' voice timbers are (were) quite different as far as I'm concerned.

And thanks, but I already do listen to Jeff Buckley.

Well, yeah, but that is why they sound similar in terms of style, because he was influenced by Jeff; I think Jeff was his biggest influence to. I also understand that Thom is influenced by Jeff but they don't sound similar, sometimes they do, but who doesn't? With that being said I also don't understand how anyone can say that Muse and Radiohead sound alike. They sound nothing alike . Don't get me wrong though, I like them both...but I also like Muse better.

P.S. I'm not biased...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Well, yeah, but that is why they sound similar in terms of style, because he was influenced by Jeff; I think Jeff was his biggest influence to. I also understand that Thom is influenced by Jeff but they don't sound similar, sometimes they do, but who doesn't? With that being said I also don't understand how anyone can say that Muse and Radiohead sound alike. They sound nothing alike . Don't get me wrong though, I like them both...but I also like Muse better.

P.S. I'm not biased...
Musically, one would have to be inane to suggest they sound similar. But vocally, it's understandable if someone confuses the two, especially if he or she hasn't heard either band for very long.
Page 1 of 3