OK, So I bought this B.C. Rich Warlock guitar. (I know, B.C. riches aren't the best guitars but I bought it mostly for the looks.) Anyways, after having it for about three weeks I noticed that it makes a loud, annoying scratchy noise when I pick the strings. When I hit a single string, it sounds the way it should, but when I play power chords or just any chords with 3 or more strings it will make the scratchy sound over the chord sound.

I'm pretty sure this guitar didn't sound like this when I first got it. I noticed the scratchy noise when I put my amp on clean and starting strumming (the scratch is harder to notice with the distortion turned up so that could be why I didn't notice it earlier).

Trying to fix the problem, I moved the pickups (neck and bridge) up and down. The only way I can get the scratchy sound fixed is by moving the pickups all the way down, which in turn makes the overall tone of the guitar sound crappy.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't an amp problem because when I plug my 2-year old Squier strat into my amp, it sounds perfectly fine. I'm kind of thinking there might be something wrong with the pickups, but I'd like to get a second opinion.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. thanks.
B. C. Rich = Horrible.
Buy a Dean, at the least.

Or, if you can't sell it or something, take it to your local guitar shop and see fi they can see what's wrong.

Otherwise, sell it.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Yeah i know.

Thing is, I got it mostly because it looks sweet, and it was only $150. Stupidly, I expected it to not have any problems so soon. Guess I was asking too much.

edit: It is in the 45 return period still, so I can still return it if its defective or something. I just didn't want to have to go through the hassle of returning it unless i knew it was real screwed up.
Take it into a guitar shop. Either

A) your cable's ****ed
B) your amp's ****ed
or
C) your pickups are ****ed.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by football4224
OK, So I bought this B.C. Rich Warlock guitar. (I know, B.C. riches aren't the best guitars but I bought it mostly for the looks.) Anyways, after having it for about three weeks I noticed that it makes a loud, annoying scratchy noise when I pick the strings.
Maybe it's because it's a B. C. Rich...
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
B.C. Rich guitars, eh. Sure, they're not the greatest.

But do you really think they'd still be around if they were THAT bad as to where their instruments produced that effect every time?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by football4224
Yeah i know.

Thing is, I got it mostly because it looks sweet, and it was only $150. Stupidly, I expected it to not have any problems so soon. Guess I was asking too much.

edit: It is in the 45 return period still, so I can still return it if its defective or something. I just didn't want to have to go through the hassle of returning it unless i knew it was real screwed up.

BIG mistake. Bronze series Warlocks are by far the worst guitars I've ever played. I'd rather play a First Act then be in the same room as a Bronze Series B.C. Rich.
I honestly thought it sounded pretty good when I first got it. I dont know, maybe I was just psyched have gotten a new guitar though.
Probably, but does it really matter? You have the bronze warlock now.

My friend had some piece of crap economy brand amp, I forget what kind but it was like a 30W solid state combo amp with two input jacks. Sounded like ass but when he plugged in his EH metal muff + top boost, sounded better than mine.

Take it in to a GC or something and have a guitar tech look at it. Don't try to mess with it on your own if you haven't already figured out what's wrong.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
football4224 its hard to not get flamed by people on this site. I understand where your coming from i bought a few cheap guitars myself. Some of us can't afford a $2500 guitar. anyways your best bet is to take it to the guitar shop u bought it from and talk to them. the should at least help you if not replace it for ya
+1 man, +1.

I've got an ibanez rg2ex2 with sh!t "designed by emg" humbucker pickups, a bc rich avenge son of beast, a line 6 spider III 75W, and a digitech grunge pedal which i rarely use.

People never lay the hell off my equipment, and I like the sound I get. Sure, I'm replacing the pickups soon. But the amp is staying.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
Quote by football4224
Yeah i know.

Well it's either go through the hassle of returning a guitar or going through the hassle of having a messed up guitar for as long as you own it.

I'd have it checked out by a tech or return it if I were you, there's no point in having a new guitar if it already has problems.

As far as $150, you'd have been pretty well off with the Squier probably. Then you could have saved some more and could get a better guitar.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
^
If he got a BC rich, he's probably not playing hendrix or vaughan. A squire would suit him terribly.

Here's my advice man. Return the B.C. Rich, get your $150 back. Save up another $50, and pick up an ESP EC-50 off musicians friend.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-EC50-Electric-Guitar?sku=516672

Replace the pickups when you get to "advanced" level and you'll never need another guitar again.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
You haven't had it very long bring it back to where you got it and tell them your having a problem with it. If they can fix it fine if not tell them you want a refund. If they are reputable they will take care of you. If they let you trade up that might work if not either get your money back or store credit and save a few more bucks for a better guitar. See what they have for used guitars you might like better for the same money. I got my son a BC Rich Warlock NJ Series starter set a few years back and the guitar still sounds and plays decent considering he beats the crap out of it. I have yet to hear anything good about the bronze series.

John