I'm trying to figure out how to make some basslines, i was thinking if you guys could help me out and post some short basslines of your own i'd get a feel for it?

thanks

for example:

G|----x---x---------x---x---------|
D|---------------------------------|
A|-------------------------5-5h7--|
E|0-x---x---5h7-x---x-------------|
noo, his were for specific lines for the guitar solo, i want just general basslines
lol still OWNED heres a bassline...

G|-G-E-T------------------------|
D|--------A----------------------|
A|----------L-I-F-E--------------|
E|------------------W-E-I-R-D-O-|

just kiddin man...lol
Wasn't really an ownage thing just something funny to point out.

G -------------------------------------------
D -------------7-----------------------------
A -0-0-7-10----10-7-10-------------7---
E ---------------------------10--7-10------
thanks full metal, is that in any particular key or anything? im trying to learn those as well
Quote by thekooliest09
its e or e minor...7 fret on A is E

It's in A minor. The first note is an A. E is the perfect 5th of A, and the rest of the notes (G D and B) all fit into the A minor scale.
(natural) A minor scale: A B C D E F G A

(natural) E minor scale: E F# G A B C D E
It could be in E minor, but there aren't enough notes, particularly the missing F# that would really let us know. But I have a strong feeling that if you were to keep writing stuff for that F (8th fret A string) would sound a lot than F# (9th fret).
Quote by d K A p S
can anyone else 'spare' a few? lol

go to my profile and use the one entitled d K a P s (thats supposed to be your name)

and i want you to improvise on that and send me an mp3.

G----------5----x--------3h5
D-----------------------------
A--3h5-x---x---------x-----
E------------------3---------

Quote by d K A p S
I'm trying to figure out how to make some basslines, i was thinking if you guys could help me out and post some short basslines of your own i'd get a feel for it?

thanks

for example:

G|----x---x---------x---x---------|
D|---------------------------------|
A|-------------------------5-5h7--|
E|0-x---x---5h7-x---x-------------|

You're not going to get very far by asking people to make stuff up for you. That's not different at all from learning other band's basslines.

Here's a practical suggestion. When I'm in a rut at making a bassline, especially to fit a track I sing what I think should be played. Yep, you heard me... sing.

Most of us here are probably more "experienced" in coming up with stuff in our heads and singing it, than playing it. Until you get to that level, singing parts is a great way for coming up with stuff your fingers wouldn't normally play at first sight.
Quote by shut_up_you_***
You're not going to get very far by asking people to make stuff up for you. That's not different at all from learning other band's basslines.

Here's a practical suggestion. When I'm in a rut at making a bassline, especially to fit a track I sing what I think should be played. Yep, you heard me... sing.

Most of us here are probably more "experienced" in coming up with stuff in our heads and singing it, than playing it. Until you get to that level, singing parts is a great way for coming up with stuff your fingers wouldn't normally play at first sight.

Exactly the same thing that I do, TS, listen to this man!

Now I even sing (in my head, not out loud) a bassline to a song I'm listening to, thinking of how I would play it rather than copying their way.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by shut_up_you_***

This is great advide. +1
well, i dont know if this is any good, my friend Jesse says this sounds groovy....and please dont rip this off, its part of a song ive written.,......so yeah, go ahead and uise it i guess but not for any official purposes......lol sorry.(by the way, it was written on a regular guitar so...it wont sound quite right)
..................................................................................... <======X3=========>
G-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------l
D-------------------------------------------------------------------l-----8-----------------------3h4l
A------------------------------------------------l--1-----------1~~l---9---8--5//7----------5----l
E-0-h6-7//9-7-0-6~~l--0-h6-7-9br~~~l0--7-9-7-0-------l 7---------------9-5--33------l
strike again while^ unbending
thats all for now, i dont feel like tabbing the rest
(and sorry...i dont quite know how to write tabs on this yet, plz excuse me thnx in advnce)
Last edited by Artemisery at Oct 24, 2007,
G------------------------
D-2----0----------5----
A----2----------5-------
E----------3-5----------

sexy?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I'm going to go with blatant refusal on this one too. Dude, its not that hard to make up your own basslines. Search for all the other threads on this topic (MANY threads) and follow the advice there.

This all seems a bit suspicious, and I'd prefer not to have someone rip off my parts.
Quote by thekooliest09
lol still OWNED heres a bassline...

G|-G-E-T------------------------|
D|--------A----------------------|
A|----------L-I-F-E--------------|
E|------------------W-E-I-R-D-O-|

just kiddin man...lol

haha
|