In my electronics class we get to chose a projet of coice and i decided to make a destortion pedal. My qeustion is that my teacher said the pedal would be just for guitars but I am wondering if it would work for a bass, if there is a difference what is?
yeah it will work. wont sound as good, but itll work. you'll blow the electronics if its played to loudly thoguh.
God, it won't blow the electronics. It'll just sound like crap.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by hippieboy444
yeah it will work. wont sound as good, but itll work. you'll blow the electronics if its played to loudly thoguh.

Lies and slander, I say.

Guitar electronics don't care about frequency. Most of the things used in pedals can be used with DC, which is like a really, really low frequency. I mean, really, it's not like they sell guitar capacitors, for use in guitar pedals only, and bass capacitors for the low end. The only thing that does care about frequency is your speaker. A bass can be put through all guitar electronics, including pedals and amps (both SS and tube), and work fine as long as it's put through a bass speaker.

But either way, TS, your pedal might not sound too great with bass if it's meant for guitar. Do you have a schematic? It might be a simple mod to change it to a bass pedal.
I dont have the schematic yet and probably wont be stating this till next week
Quote by cokeisbetter
Lies and slander, I say.

Guitar electronics don't care about frequency. Most of the things used in pedals can be used with DC, which is like a really, really low frequency. I mean, really, it's not like they sell guitar capacitors, for use in guitar pedals only, and bass capacitors for the low end. The only thing that does care about frequency is your speaker. A bass can be put through all guitar electronics, including pedals and amps (both SS and tube), and work fine as long as it's put through a bass speaker.

But either way, TS, your pedal might not sound too great with bass if it's meant for guitar. Do you have a schematic? It might be a simple mod to change it to a bass pedal.

Thank you.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.