OK, so my parents asked me what I would like for Christmas, and I've really got my heart set on a set of Bare Knuckle Pickups. The trouble is, having never used them, I don't know which set would be right for me.

I play mostly Metal, i.e. Metallica, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai (if they are indeed considered metal)

The trouble is that I also really like to play the blues. (Lynyrd Skynyrd, SRV)

So what I need is a Bare Knuckle with enough punch and monstrosity to get a Metallica sound, but enough clarity for a nice defined clean sound.

Which ones should I go for?

Here's the link btw =D.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
i would get an amp. the cube isnt very resposive to pickup change, like most modeling amps.

EDIT

sorry wasnt really payin attention i guess... i guess some war pigs would be good for metal, though not sure about satriani stuff i think they might be a little powerfulfor it.
Last edited by mrchow at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Peavey ValveKing however, is. =D

Valveking might be a good choice if you play relatively low-gain metal and blues.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
I'd probobly go with the ceramic war pigs. their the best for metal in my opinoion. they should blow the emg from your sg out of the water.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Read the TS' post-Ceramic Warpigs would be complete overkill for most of the stuff he wants to do. A set of Nailbombs or Holy Divers would be pretty awesome for the bands mentioned, but the best thing to do is to check out the Bareknuckle forum, then email or call them and see what they have to say. They are incredibly helpful, and are more than happy to make modifications to the models they offer so that you get the exact sound you want.