man i hope some moderator doesn't come from valhalla with the "THOU SHALL NOT POST THIS DRIVEL, IT'S STICKIED!" it just seems like they are the kinda questions that i am sure are addressed elsewhere(didn't find exactly what i was looking for in "ULTIMATE TUTORIAL")

anyway

i've been wanting to get into just meddling with my gear, got a couple of old boss pedals that don't work anymore and a guitar that is in pieces that i am free to play with. i took a number of physics classes in college as well as a couple CPEN classes and i know digital logic and took an integrated circuits course where you had a few breadboard projects. I can read a circuit diagram and i am versed in the basic language of electricity, and the only reason i haven't started moding my gear is because i have no idea how to solder or even how to approach it.

specific questions i would have are:

is there a good web site(or book, man i can actually read books) that will step-by-step you like yer a freakin idiot and you don't know what yer doing? cuz that's what i am.

advice on what kinda soldering iron to obtain. do i want a particular model or brand of iron, or a particular style? a battery operated one(or one you plug in the wall)? does it need to go to a particular temp? where is the best place to get one(it's cool, i live in the city and have access to city-type places, even live in the US too)

what kinda solder do i need to get and where would i obtain this solder.

any advice would be greatly valued .
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Just look at a video on youtube, there are a ton of learn to sodder lessons out there. As for your iron, you want somthing between 15 and 40 watts, and not one of the battery powered ones, they screw most electronics. home depot, lowes, radoi shack, any hardware store will have what you need. and for the sodder, 60/40 rosin core.
thanx, thats all i need to get out the gate
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae