I've been playing guitar for about a year and 2 months now. Anyway, I have two problems that have been haunting me for days.

1.~~~~~~
My playing is turning to crap. I used to be able to sweep pick real well, I could play parts of Blitzkrieg, and now my picking is slopping and my hands are out of sync.

2.~~~~~~
My pinky is all weird. I have been using it for a while now and it's getting pretty strong. What haunts me about it is that when I started learning to use it, I used the flat of my pinky instead of the tip and now it hits strings that I don't want to ring when I am doing scale runs and stuff. Is there any way to correct it or am I too late?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Youve only been playing a year and you can sweep "really well"?

I would just practice whatever you did to be able to sweep really well after a year. That should bring you up to speed in no time.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by MySweetFracture
Youve only been playing a year and you can sweep "really well"?

I would just practice whatever you did to be able to sweep really well after a year. That should bring you up to speed in no time.

If you can call 16ths at 200bpm really well.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

it way be your guitar
well that depends if its falling apart of something like that
but everyone gets in ruts just take some time off then see what happenssss
Quote by spartan 118
If you can call 16ths at 200bpm really well.

If you can do that cleanly after one year, why are you asking us? You are probably better than 95% of the guys in here after one year.
Not Enough AssHatery
Get off UG, and practice, practice, practice!

And if a few hours doesn't get you any better, come back.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
or take a short break, i can play better than ever after just relaxing a little