Need a little bit of UG help.

Anyways, I had a band practice on Sunday afternoon, my set-up was sounding great. Everything sounded perfect, amp, pedal, bass, it gave me this nice, crunchy tone.

I use a Fender P-Special (active), an Ibanez Soundwave 115 combo, a Zoom 506 II and Ibanez Phat Head distortions.

I keep the Ibanez on clean distortion, but on attack one, because that gives me the perfect tone I'm looking for.

Anyways, back to story. Practice over, I come home, start unloading all my stuff. As I'm taking my amp up the stairs, I trip and have to set it down rather heavily. I didn't exactly drop it very high, maybe from about two inches off the ground. Don't have time to plug it in and make sure it's fine, I had to get off to church.

Wake up Monday morning, plug it in, turn on my pedals and much to my dismay, my tone now sounds like a static-like fart, especially on my low C string, which had such good tone the day before. When I turn my pedals off, my amp sounds fine, but when I turn distortion back on, the wet far is there, and no matter what I do, I can't get back to the tone I had the day before.

I've messed around with the EQ, tried different basses, different cables, different orders in the pedals, and nothing changes it. Is this my amp or my pedal that is causing this screw up?

This isn't the first time either of them have screwed up. About a month and a half ago, I took my amp to the shop because it was having buzzing noises, and the tech guy said screws around the speaker came loose, and that he just re tightened them. This isn't the same type of buzzing it was having a month ago, and plus it's only present when distortion is on.

A few weeks ago, my pedal burned out, and I had to take it to the shop. They spent two weeks scratching their head about it, and eventually replaced something in the electronics that fixed the problem.

Any help appreciated. I think I gave enough information, but if I didn't, ask and I'll tell.
Check your batteries in your bass. Since you said your bass is active, they may have kicked the bucket and started to give you an overly-distorted tone
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
sounds like one of the pedals, or a patch cord. maybe a dead battery. try taking each pedal out of the loop. trial and error will give us a few more clues. more info required.
kk I wil try that guys. Looks like I'm buying a jumbo pack of 9 volts before work tomorrow

I'll keep you posted
Quote by Charlatan_001
The "Attack One' on the "Clean" setting on the PD-7 is great.

its almost as if you didn't read this thread at all.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
its almost as if you didn't read this thread at all.

I read it - everyone just said what I was gonna suggest anyway.
...so you promoted a setting on a pedal that has nothing to do with this thread, rather than not posting? hm. I'll have to try that in the Pit.

I love the Parliament setting on my FX25B!

point being, don't post irrelevant spam... even if all you would say has already been said. The thing to do there, is not post.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
sly taco he said it was only present when the distortion was on so its gonna be one of the pedals
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Loose connection in the distortion or damaged components from what you described.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by UtBDan
I love the Parliament setting on my FX25B!

I don't Mine has a volume drop.

Anyway, did you stick them in the FX loop or remove one of the pedals?
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Went to my friend's house today. Tried different pedals on my amp and they sounded fine, tried my pedal on his and it's messed up,

So the problem is the Ibanez Distortion. I'm just going to return it, like I said, I've already had to have it fixed once, weather it's a lemon or not I don't really care anymore. I'm going to get my $60 back and put that towards getting a GK Diesel Dawg (which I wanted in the first place).

/thread over, thanks for your help guys