Page 1 of 2
I prefer Ibanez anyday, tell me what you think?
They both have different things I like about them, I just got a Ibanez RG321 from my friend, and absolutely love it. But I played a bunch of jacksons at bailey brothers, and liked those too.
Last edited by oneuponu at Oct 16, 2007,
Jackson
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
nah, Ibanez 4 eva
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
hard choice but i also have to say neither is my fav,i think

but proly jackson but ibanez rg's are so great too
IBANEZ....obviously hehe
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Well:
Ibanez: Pros - Awesome Trems, better for cheaper in most cases.
Cons - Not so great stock pickups, very few alder guitars (thats more opinionated though )
Jackson: Pros - Better stock Pickups, most models are alder
Cons - generally more expensive for an S470 level guitar which is a cheaper Ibanez, bad trems.

The alder thing doesnt bother me too much mind

I say Ibanez are better.
Jackson V's over ibanez V's

but other than that (besides low-end) i love the feel of like 80% of the ibanez ive played
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Jackson V's over ibanez V's

but other than that (besides low-end) i love the feel of like 80% of the ibanez ive played

no way! The ibanez rocketrolls rocked! the new ones not so great but the old ones amazing!
I played Ibanez for something like 15 years and then played my mates Jackson... 2 days later i went and bought an RR....... no disrespect to Ibanez cos I still love their guitars. They are quality....but, for me Jacksons feel better and generally seem more versatile.

Basically I'm a fan of both.
[
i like the neck shape of jacksons alot more... the jacksons start rounded then flatten out a but, while all the higher end rgs i played are just flat all the way through... jackson all the way
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
i do think ibanez are more versatile

but my jackson king v, its pretty cool, cause i put a jazz in the neck and i can get some reall good blues/twang tones out of it
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
ibanez
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
ibanez

dude you have by far the greatest avatar ive ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!! please tell me where you got it.... id kill a man for a megatron one like that
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
I love both equally but the Ibanez RG is a copy of the Jackson soloist. therefor Jackson wins. Really original thread by the way.
Quote by Justin Credible
I love both equally but the Ibanez RG is a copy of the Jackson soloist. therefor Jackson wins. Really original thread by the way.

I know that isnt true.

The RG is an invention of Steve Vai as he cut his strat's lower horn into a point for more access and when Ibanez picked him up they also picked his design up. Plus the soloist and the RG look nothing like eachother.

Also before anyone puts the "jackson invented the superstrat" that was EVH.
Id say Ibanez b/c of the Iceman and the Artist series, but i luv the Rhodes RR1 Pro, the whitew/black pinstripes and gold hardware. so ill say Ibanez.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I know that isnt true.

The RG is an invention of Steve Vai as he cut his strat's lower horn into a point for more access and when Ibanez picked him up they also picked his design up. Plus the soloist and the RG look nothing like eachother.

Also before anyone puts the "jackson invented the superstrat" that was EVH.

no way.... evh maybe was first to put a floyd or humbucker in it, but jackon was first to make that shape.... evh's is just a regular strat shape... jackson put the deeper cuts in it before vai, and evh never did that
Quote by tarheelfan2

Quote by funkbass369

Quote by funkyfigure8
I have a JEM (step-dad's actually), I really like the neck on it but the pups don't seem as powerful so I usually switch to my Jackson. I don't really know which I prefer, probably Jackson because that one's mine.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
I like the Jackson's neck better so that pretty much puts me in the Jackson camp. Overall they are pretty simular though.
Jacksons, I'm not a fan of the flat necks on the ibanez's, though there probs not all like that.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Jackson... Cause they just feel better for playing leads and stuff... Though Ibanez still has a lot of good guitars.
Jackson. I prefer the necks. I also think they are made better. Old Ibanez aren't bad, but new ones are really bland to me. I prefer Charvel to both of them though.
Jackson offer more colors for their models, but I perfer Ibanez for their neck, bridge, and basswood and mahogany.

Alder, come on
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
no way.... evh maybe was first to put a floyd or humbucker in it, but jackon was first to make that shape.... evh's is just a regular strat shape... jackson put the deeper cuts in it before vai, and evh never did that

The Jackson soloist shape is a strat shape.

And floyd+humbucker on a strat = superstrat
hmm had a jackson dinky with evolutions,had ibanez models of : gio whatever it was $200 crap,rg2,rg3ex1,s470 i believe it was,ex160.

i am back and forth on this my dinky was damn amazing guitar.the evo made it even better.i didnt want a trem anymore so sold it.but i currently use the rg3ex1 and am gonna put some dimarzios in it.it will be close to my dinky but the dinky was superb.played the jem in a store and hated it so i am back and forth on this but i think they are pretty much equal quality.
Quote by Paroxysm
Jackson offer more colors for their models, but I perfer Ibanez for their neck, bridge, and basswood and mahogany.

Alder, come on

Whats wrong with Alder? Its a fantastic sustaining wood, thats not too heavy, and has great upper mid-range tone, exactly where it should be for lead playing.

Jacksons stock pickups are better, much better.. Mine came with real Duncans, which are just fantastic.

think, a good RG is about 550 dollars?

replace the pickups, (lets say 100 dollars each) so if its a 3 pickup RG then thats another 300 bucks.

My Dinky costed me 800 bucks, it came with 3 Duncans.

so Jackson have better value too. (plus, I say the liscened Floyd > Edge III)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ibanez all the way
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i love my ibanez to death, specially after the pickup swap, but i've always had a special liking toward's jackson's V's

for the most part, ibanez

but i looove Jackson's RR models, king v's, and the dinky's pretty awesome too
Why can't I like both?

Ibanez make better lower and middle budget, and Jackson make better Custom and high budget guitars.
Quote by Sn^ke
Why can't I like both?

Ibanez make better lower and middle budget, and Jackson make better Custom and high budget guitars.

I think Ibanez has better QC in that range. I've heard of lots of issues with US Jacksons. and I think The Pro and MG series blow away pretty much any import in the price range
Unless you're planning on spending $3k, I'd vote Ibanez. The feel nice, hold together where it counts, and do a nice job of offering inspired updates on classic designs.
im just wondering not trying to sound like a dick. but why don't you people ever thing of different models of guitars. Jackson and Ibanez are nice but you could always get better. try looking into some of the more unknown companys like Ernie Ball Musicman(they make an awesome guitar and the build quality is unbeatable) and Parker (there weird looking but they sound amazing and there light as hell). i know i'll probably get flamed but i dont care it just kinda makes me wonder.
Quote by CJRocker
I think Ibanez has better QC in that range. I've heard of lots of issues with US Jacksons. and I think The Pro and MG series blow away pretty much any import in the price range

I've seen and heard of none.
Page 1 of 2