i want to trade my ibanez rg120 and bc rich bich archtop into guitar center but i wonder about how much they will take off of a dean from hell.

please i need help
why not just go there?

but 150% of the time they will try to rip you off

50 bucks for an 89' ibanez rg with an orig fr?!?!

umm no...
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
sell it on craiglist or ebay or local music shop
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Yeah, you'll get the best bang for your buck selling it elsewhere. But, I'm no expert on BC Rich or Ibanez, but those seem like guitars you wouldn't get your time's worth from selling on Ebay.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
you could prob ask how much you'll get before you decide to trade it in or not.
at least EB Games did that.
a bit different but, maybe it'll be the same way.
i thought someone said they have like a 40% thing or something ill try a hookup with my older sister she works there maybe ill pay her to sleep with the manager or something,but seriously
Id try to go somewhere local or smaller, b/c id say Guitar Center will rip u off when it comes to trade-ins. Unless its a PRS around Christmas time. Ppl love to use em as gifts. Id also try to sell em on craiglist or on here. or even eBay.
theyll give u half of wat theyll resell it for, sad that there actually willing to admit that
yea... they used to give you okay deals, but they offered me 50$ for a 2 year old mim strat in really good condition...
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by nt1440
theyll give u half of wat theyll resell it for, sad that there actually willing to admit that

damn lol
Quote by ricthesic
i thought someone said they have like a 40% thing or something ill try a hookup with my older sister she works there maybe ill pay her to sleep with the manager or something,but seriously

You think you could get me a Mesa Triple Rectifier?
just go ask them and then if its not what you want sell it on ebay for more.
Quote by LukeBTH
You think you could get me a Mesa Triple Rectifier?

proly not for someone i dont know but if you know anyone thats an employee you get the REAL price what GC actually pays for it wen thy buy the thing
You might do a little better on a trade than if you went in to sell it out right. They are still going to low ball you either way. I never have paid what the ticket says on a guitar at any shop. The big ones or small shops have a profit margine and then the sales staff has a comission at the big stores. The big stores can give you a little more off because they buy in larger quantities and get a better wholesale price. Those MSRP prices are for the birds I doubt any shop ever got the MSRP on a regular run guitar. Ask for the manager of the guitar dept find out if he will give you a deal on the DEAN and then see what they will give you on a trade. I would sell the other guitars privetly either to someone you know Ebay or Craigs List. If you sell on Craigs sell it locally and take only cash. I know too many people that have been ripped off by either shipping a piece or taking a bogus MO or Check.

John
Never trade into any shop. they don't try to rip you off guys... they've got to resell it and make a profit. You'll be better off selling it outright on Craigslist or Ebay as suggested.
If you sell it you won't get much, but you can't expect them to pay you more than what they pay for it new from the mfg :P.... You might get a better deal on a trade in though, considering their still gonna get some cash out of you.
Always avoid selling it to a store, you'll get ripped off, but especially at Guitar Center. They gave me $75 for a Ibanez Iceman, when I had bought it from them a year ago for $500!!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
Always avoid selling it to a store, you'll get ripped off, but especially at Guitar Center. They gave me $75 for a Ibanez Iceman, when I had bought it from them a year ago for $500!!

...You took the $75?

Edit: Not to be an ass, but:
Learning how to play fast is not nearly as important as learning how to play well.
Quote by SG Man Forever

Because they could probably only resell it for around $350. Once they have it setup, they've already got about $125 in it. To make a decent worthwhile profit, thats what they need to buy it at. Some people lack business sense...