I think i can post this here and not guitar gear,

but what do you think is best

for me it goes Seymour Duncan, then dimarzio, then emgs

i love the duncans i put in my jackson and i tried out a jem and those dimarzios were real nice (could have just been the jem but w/e)

imo i think emgs are overrated, i tried out a esp something or toher with an 81 and something else on a 5150 at the local shop and i didnt see what all the fuss was about
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
for me its either

emg's,seymour,dimarzio

but now its more like this i like the tone better(naturaler)

seymour,emg's,dimarzio
EMG 81 & 85s are supost to have really really hot output..
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
yeah i know that.
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Quote by Shib
EMG 81 & 85s are supost to have really really hot output..

bulit-in preamp (actives)
i mean everyone check out lamb of god's metal tone

seymour duncan's and mesa boogies!!!
Quote by ricthesic
bulit-in preamp (actives)

I knew that
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
Dimarzio's, Duncans, Emg's. EMG's May be hot, But I prefer my tone to not sound like a trash can.
I personally like EMGs, but w/out some sort of OD pedal to color the sound, id think they would sound rather bland. I like Claudio's tone, and i kinda like Atreyu's tone. And apparently Dave Gilmour uses EMGs.

Duncan has some pretty high-output models, like the Invader. I personally think that Billie Joel's Dookie tone in certain songs is just awesome.

DiMarzio seems to have some great pickups, but i havent played any myself.

So i guess it would go Duncan, EMG, DiMarzio for me.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
EMG's May be hot, But I prefer my tone to not sound like a trash can.

sigged....
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
yeah, but claudio sanchez also runs his emg's through a dumble amp, which work perfectly with the pickup to get that awesome tone. If you don't have a boutique quality metal amp, you don't get that good chunky metal sound very easily
For me, It's DiMarzio, EMG, Duncan. I've played a few JEM's and other Ibanez's that had DiMarzio's in them. They sound absolutely amazing. EVOs 4 life. My LTD Viper 400 has an EMG 81/85 set. They are nice, but they get old after a while. Feeback is worse than most other good pickups. I've yet to play on a set of Duncans that I actually liked, and I've played a lot. I still want to play a guitar that has a set of Invaders though. I've heard lots of good things about them.

One other set of pickups that I've been wanting to play but haven't yet is the Rockfield set that B.C. Rich puts in their WMD line. I've heard tons of good things about them as well.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Seymour Duncan are the only one of the three I'd ever bother to sue. I've hadd too many bad experiences with EMGs in the past, and I hate how all DiMarzios sound.

Though that said, Gibson Burstbuckers > all.
i have an invader in the bridge of my jackson

it good for anything but cleans

but its cool cause even with no distortion it WILL find some
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Well according to Google Trends EMG had a very turbulent year in 2004 then have been in steady decline ever since, meanwhile Seymour Duncan somehow managed to keep off the radar until late 2006 and have had their ups and downs and as for poor old Dimarzio they only recently became trendy despite their 80's stronghold?! Read into this pointless response what you like
EMG's are my favorite, I was playing some Jackson's at GC yesterday, the one had Seymour Duncans on it, and all I can say is meh. Then I played a DinkyEMG and I was totally blown away at it, just perfect.
They're all excellent brands. I think I'd pick EMGs because I'm into metal though.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
i like certain pickups from certain companies...i don't like EMG's in general... seymoud duncan Jb/Jazz, JB/'59, and Custom/ Pearly gates are awesome combo's imo, and dimarzio breed sets, Tone Zone/PAF Pro, and Super Distortion/PAF Pro, are my favorite combo's, it's a tough choice between a super distortion to a JB, as i love both equally, but i'd say i like seymour duncan in general more than most of dimarzio's pickups, although they have gems (no referance to vai intended) in their catalogue
Emg 81 and 85 are pretty crappy if you ask me... but the emg single coils are pretty good. but dimarzio is my favorite brand just because i havent really heard a bad dimarzio, and their line of products is diverse and you can find a pickup just about for any style. SD is okay... but kind of overated, the pickups are decent.
SD / DiMarzio... I played a jackson (alder wood) with EMG81/85, and other (also alder) with JB/Jazz and the Seymour Duncan sounded better to me... But, its all opinions, if you can, go try yourself.
Everyone and their sisters' cat has EMG's. Duncans, eh. They're not bad but I'm not really a fan.

I'm waiting to put in some dimarzio's into my ibanez.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I thought I should mention I used to think EMGs made for a bland, boring tone but then I realized so many of my favorite bands used them.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by guitarnoize
Well according to Google Trends EMG had a very turbulent year in 2004 then have been in steady decline ever since, meanwhile Seymour Duncan somehow managed to keep off the radar until late 2006 and have had their ups and downs and as for poor old Dimarzio they only recently became trendy despite their 80's stronghold?! Read into this pointless response what you like

wow... EMGs are anally dominating the other two. poor Dimarzio. but for me, i like the tone SD's have. a few bands a really like use them and i dig it
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
EMG >SD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dimarzio

I HATE dimarzios, they're cleans are ok at best, and distortion sucks.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.