Hello, You have proably never seen me around here before, but I have browsed, and finally made a account. Well I want to play some Jimi Hendrx on my Les Paul Custon, and my Crate Flex Wave amp. But I need to get the kazoo noise. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

JP
He made that noise doing something with a Comb or something like that. It wasn't done on guitar. Hendrix did a lot of weird **** on his records for effects. Not all of it was guitar though. They talk about how he did that noise on the Electric Ladyland Classic Albums thing on Vh1. Try to youtube it.
you are probably talking about the fuzz sound he gets. get a quality fuzz box, or maybe a fuzz wah.

can you pick a part in a song to better illustrate the sound you're looking for?
www.purevolume.com/chops
GEAR:
Fender Custom Tele-
Invader (B)
ESP/LTD EC-400-
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N)
DigiTech RP-200
Zakk Wylde OD
Boss Bf-2
MXR Phase 90
Crate Blue Voodoo 120 Half Stack
like in crosstown traffic? thats got nothing to do with the guitar man. he does some **** with a comb and a piece of paper i think and sings through it into a microphone. very simple, very cool
you guys never made a lil kazoo out of a comb and wax paper? you just wrap the comb with the paper, put your lips on the teeth, and hum. just like a regular kazoo.
www.purevolume.com/chops
GEAR:
Fender Custom Tele-
Invader (B)
ESP/LTD EC-400-
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N)
DigiTech RP-200
Zakk Wylde OD
Boss Bf-2
MXR Phase 90
Crate Blue Voodoo 120 Half Stack
i heard this works. i think it is wat ur talking about. u looslely tape wax paper over ur amp, i hear that works well
my bad, i didnt c the guy in front of me. sorry previous poster
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by bracertj
you guys never made a lil kazoo out of a comb and wax paper? you just wrap the comb with the paper, put your lips on the teeth, and hum. just like a regular kazoo.

if you don't feel like making one you could spring the 50cents to buy one, kazoos get pretty good kazoo sounds
Quote by livingontheedge
if you don't feel like making one you could spring the 50cents to buy one, kazoos get pretty good kazoo sounds

lmao! classic quote right there "Kazoos get pretty good kazoo sounds."

you are victorious my friend.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Well I didn't learn what I wanted to, but I learned how to make a kazoo and stuff incase of an emergancy. But threw the song it sounds like kazoo, and I was told, that it can be done using a guitar, plus I have been practicing the song on guitar, so yeah IDK, but I may buy me a kazoo if I can find one, and be a one man band, but it'll be harder than hell to sing. Thanks Guys
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")