yeah funny concept i mean shred songs that arent impossible cause i want to start getting more technical and build up speed so people of ug what are some moderately hard shred songs
no boundaries but SLOW very very slow..

all shred songs are pretty ok, just learn them slow and perfect and build up..

theres no way you'll be shred god unless u get used to the shapes that they mostly use in their songs

Or concerto by cacophony
yeah no boundaries is pretty simple...uh...far beyond the sun is pretty easy too, all harmonic minor...hmm let me think...holy wars is pretty cool...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
lol @ children of bodom not being hard.. ive been covering as i lay dying for 3 years and their stuff is freakin impossible for me to play..
Quote by Hellraiser C-7
lol @ children of bodom not being hard.. ive been covering as i lay dying for 3 years and their stuff is freakin impossible for me to play..

children of bodom? are you serious? its not hard dude...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
children of bodom? are you serious? its not hard dude...

yeah its definitely not too hard to play but no need to say, are you serious?
Quote by Don't Read This
i guess that rules out children of bodom...

noo you should check out children of bodom
Honestly, id say that the solo in Juecebox by the Strokes would give u some trouble. Some of theyre songs like Ize of the World and a few other new ones arent fast, just rather complex. As for Metal tho, try Peace Sells (classic) by Megadeth or Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue.
Quote by Don't Read This
Yeah funny concept, I mean shred songs that aren't impossible because I want to start getting more technical and build up speed. People of UG, what are some moderately hard shred songs?

Well, while a lot of the song is hard, I found that parts of Blitzkrieg helped me out a bit.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

You could do, what I consider, shred.
Lamb Of God, Slayer, Bring Me The Horizon, Job For A Cowboy, and metalcore stuff.
It'll get you used to the way to play REAL shred.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Circles- Joe Satriani
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet, Friends, Up In The Sky, Satch Boogie, Memories
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

I would imagine they would all be quite difficult if you're just starting on it, and there's some lines here and there that are quite hard, but even the harder ones should provide some goals to practice (a LOT) on. Or they might be too easy! I don't know, I have no idea what you can play.
Can't believe it's not been said...

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!

by Racer X of course.

It ain't easy, it certainly isn't impossible and it does wonders for your playing when you learn it.
Your fingers will thank you.
Yeah Far Beyond the Sun looks really hard, but it's really easy, I only have the first 2 minutes recorded (in my profile) but I can easily play the whole song, I'm just saving money for a better recording set.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Can't believe it's not been said...

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!

by Racer X of course.

It ain't easy, it certainly isn't impossible and it does wonders for your playing when you learn it.
Your fingers will thank you.

Wow... that's a really good one
All songs by Bullet For My Valentine are ok to learn fast playing.
I used their songs to learn faster playing, and now I play them 2x as fast as normal.

BMFV is fun to play, and sounds great
There's no such thing.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.