O.K., mostly I'm just entirely pissed, but maybe someone can benefit from my poor judgment.

So the short version is I had a neighbor who was a fairly good metal guitarist. We played a few times (I'm mostly acoustic, so we didn't really meet on music selections), and one day he came up to my apartment and asked to borrow my elec and amp because he coulden't get his, being that they were in another town and his car broke down. Since, again, I'm mostly acoustic, I didn't have a problem with that.

About a month and a half later he got evicted (I'm sure most of you see where this is going by now), and while I got my guitar back, he said he 'loaned out' my amp and cable. The amp wasn't much, a cheapo little epiphone practice amp, but the cable was actually a really nice 12 foot cable a buddy gave me when I got my electric.

Long story short, it's now a month after THAT and now I get to go to the courthouse and press charges because not only does he say he doesn't have the amp or cable (now he says someone stole them), but he also refuses to replace em.

So yeah, don't loan out your gear
Quote by Garou1911
Since, again, I'm mostly acoustic, I didn't have a problem with that.

About a month and a half later he got evicted (I'm sure most of you see where this is going by now), and while I got my guitar back, he said he 'loaned out' my amp and cable.

Umm, why didn't you get the stuff back from him before he got evicted...?
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Because I didn't realize he was being evicted until I walked out of my apartment and by chance he happened to be in the process of moving his stuff out. He was (is) in a metal band so I was letting him use them so he could keep in practice.
He might have pawned it.
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
Quote by Garou1911
I made an oopsy, don't do it.

Mmmkay then.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Yeah I've learned my lesson with that kinda stuff I don't loan anything that I don't mind giving away to anyone not even my friends. It just always seems to end with me getting my stuff back months after I was supposed to and in poor condition....
the funniest part is,,,,the amp was a cheapo so i didnt mind it but my cable was really nice
that one sentence made my day
Think about it, now you are goona buy/ already bought a better cable, so be happy with it.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Sue him.

-SD

that made me laugh really hard.

dude, you're suing for a cable and amp? Just take a bat to his leg or something, jeez...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
go to one of his band's crappy shows and act like your helping them set up, but really just steal HIS nice cable and ****ty amp! vigilante justice ftw
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
why didnt you just lend it to him until he got his gear back fool
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by Firenze

that made me laugh really hard.

dude, you're suing for a cable and amp? Just take a bat to his leg or something, jeez...

Yes, I'm sure committing a felony is the way to go. Raped in jail ftw!

-SD