Page 1 of 2
i heard that when you play stairway backwards it talks about satan and crap... i think its bs, but anybody heard it b4?
I heard it... and you can substitute anything in there and it could work

my friend showed me something about a poodle in it supposedly
Its the way the mind works. if someone TELLS you it sounds like satan when played backwards, your brain finds patterns in the nonsense and makes you beleive you are hearing it say **** about satan, if you had listened to it backwards without any prior knowledge about it being played backwards, you would probably hear something else, or nothing at all
It's almost like when you try to figure out what a screamer is saying in a song. When your told what it says you can hear it.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
its amazing how no one points out jimmy pages guitar playing sounds amazing even when backwards
Quote by Crepe
Its the way the mind works. if someone TELLS you it sounds like satan when played backwards, your brain finds patterns in the nonsense and makes you beleive you are hearing it say **** about satan, if you had listened to it backwards without any prior knowledge about it being played backwards, you would probably hear something else, or nothing at all

+7

Exactly what I was going to say.

Plus this topic is old. Like 30+ years old.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
sdrawkcab parc ekil sdnuos tsuj ti on

Fixed.
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
sdrawkcab parc ekil sdnuos tsuj ti on

Kinda like how you sound playing forwards?

jk, ive never heard you

He might have inteded the lyrics to be heard as satan backwards, he might not have. I think the question we should be focusing on is, Who cares?
melbrop on
i heard the american national anthem backwards is the CANADIAN national anthem o__O
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Nah i think it's fake because you can hear **** on every song and i don't think that every song has satanic messages xD
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by captainjackass
Kinda like how you sound playing forwards?

jk, ive never heard you

He might have inteded the lyrics to be heard as satan backwards, he might not have. I think the question we should be focusing on is, Who cares?

That would be extremely difficult to determine what a word would sound like backwards.
daerht gniklat drawkcab eht siht eralced i
lol^ liaf
The power of suggestion. My teacher was telling us about this class she took in college. They played a song backwards for them. Everyone thought it just sounded like complete rubbish, and they didn't hear anything odd. The professor played the exact same song backwards again, but then told them to listen to the line "Smoke Marijuana". They began to hear it.

I'm sure if you play any song backwards, you can take any line, and associate it with something negative and people will think it was intentional.
Quote by captainjackass
i undeclare this the backwards talking thread

yag uoy eralced i
i think it's only a certain part of the song that sounds satanic because i found a thing that showed that it did that on some website a long time ago in like 03 when this **** was NEW
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
If someone told you it sounded like the "if you're happy and you know it" song backwards and showed you the lyrics while playing it backwards you'd probably hear that too.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
ive reversed it myself using on my comp. its kind garbled, and not as clear as somethings on the internet would have you believe. however, if you do listen with the satanic lyrics infront of you, it does seem to make a bit of sense.
ehh
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When I played it backwards, I heard

"This thread is old, happened before, buy this album, buy this album... and btw, this is OLD"

As did I.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When I played it backwards, I heard

"This thread is old, happened before, buy this album, buy this album... and btw, this is OLD"

ya rly old this whole play it backwards hear the devil has been around since the song came out..
Quote by pfizer
Okay then, let's say I've got enough food to feed Yngwie Malmsteen for a day (about 6 months for regular people).
Quote by The Madcap
The power of suggestion. My teacher was telling us about this class she took in college. They played a song backwards for them. Everyone thought it just sounded like complete rubbish, and they didn't hear anything odd. The professor played the exact same song backwards again, but then told them to listen to the line "Smoke Marijuana". They began to hear it.

I'm sure if you play any song backwards, you can take any line, and associate it with something negative and people will think it was intentional.

was that another one bites the dust?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
do you realize how hard it would be for zep to write a song that sounded coherent playing forwards but had an alternate coherent message backwards? doesnt make much sense.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Stairway to Heaven...

Nevaeh ot Yawriats

sounds like a satanic battle cry to me
lol
Page 1 of 2