i'm trying to write music closely to the style of breaking benjamin (whever style they are). and i need help. so if anyone even knows who i'm talking about please help me. i don't need lyrical stuff. just guitar
Well to start, it would be a good idea to learn some of their songs and figure out what kinds of chords they use (I think a lot of octaves) and play around with those. Also figure out what scales and keys they work in.

Really though, I think it's kind of lame to try to copy other people's playing styles.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
Well to start, it would be a good idea to learn some of their songs and figure out what kinds of chords they use (I think a lot of octaves) and play around with those. Also figure out what scales and keys they work in.

Really though, I think it's kind of lame to try to copy other people's playing styles.

well if you REALLY listen to them the style of music is absolutely AMAZING!
and whats wrong with having the same style? if its still original it shouldn't matter what it sounds like
sorry man but this forum section is for lyrical discussion. Try music theory or bands & artists maybe to get help. Good luck with your songwriting. Be sure to check the rules all the way through

*Reported*

peace
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by jiminizzle
sorry man but this forum section is for lyrical discussion. Try music theory or bands & artists maybe to get help. Good luck with your songwriting. Be sure to check the rules all the way through

*Reported*

peace

Yep.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out