So I've been talking with this guy I know through another forum who plays piano really awesomely. We're both big fans of this band and we love to play their stuff, so we got the idea to do an over the net coolab project of some of their songs. Good idea, bad idea?

Basically asking do you think it'll sound good?

Just for the by, the songs don't noramlly have piano. He'll bbe playing the lyrics and he's written this whole arrangement. He's really impressive.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Link?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I'll link by this weekend. HE's already layed down the paino track. I gotta record these upcoming days.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
So I've been talking with this guy I know through another forum who plays piano really awesomely. We're both big fans of this band and we love to play their stuff, so we got the idea to do an over the net coolab project of some of their songs. Good idea, bad idea?

Basically asking do you think it'll sound good?

Just for the by, the songs don't noramlly have piano. He'll bbe playing the lyrics and he's written this whole arrangement. He's really impressive.

great idea, but try making some of your own songs with him.

me and a guy from Texas just decided to do the same.
I'm on drums, piano and vocals and he is on bass and guitar.

I'll do my parts and send him the Audacity file where he will add and then finish it all up.

I'll post the finished song in the original recording section when we finish it.
Yeah piano and heavy guitar combined makes for a completely epic sound. It's really awesome. I want to hear this.
What's the band you guys are covering?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
pianos and guitars together are great... simple example is "An evening with John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess", it's one of the most awesome things ever created.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Have fun making sweet music together.......

͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."