Hey all, I'm looking for dream theater songs to listen to and play. I have the Systematic Chaos and Images and words albums already, so I know those songs. So anything marvelous from the other albums would be appreciated. Thanks
Octavarium is a ****IN AWESOME album. All the songs. Especially These Walls and Octavarium...those songs hit me deep. Amazing.

And another good song is A Change of Seasons.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
a personal favorite is dance of eternity. also fatal tragedy is great.
your lord and master a_god
Theres a Dream Theater only thread.

But Dream Theater is best listened to as an album instead of just singles.
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
The entire album of Scenes from a Memory. Since you already have Images and Words, listen to Metropolis pt 1, and then go straight into Scenes from a Memory. It's definitely epic
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Live scenes from a memory: the dvd
if you don't like that: you don't want to listen to DT.

As an album the scenes is just the best they have ever written. After a dark period they flame on every level on this album!
Might want to listen to some of these....
* 1989 - When Dream and Day Unite
* 1992 - Images and Words
* 1994 - Awake
* 1995 - A Change of Seasons (EP)
* 1997 - Falling into Infinity
* 1999 - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
* 2002 - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
* 2003 - Train of Thought
* 2005 - Octavarium
* 2007 - Systematic Chaos
Oh, is that everything they've released you say?
I wonder why.....
Go for Awake, it's my favourite album and it's pure epic. So much creativity involved in it, and the mixing in the album is awesome. So crystal-like sounds
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Awake is my favourite album. Its one of the heavier albums but has a wonderful acoustic song as well as a wonderful piano piece. Listen to the whole album from start to finish and you definitely wont be disappointed. Ive listened to that album around 100 times (no exaggeration) and I can still listen to all the songs and enjoy them as much as the first listen, if not more.
please excuse any typos or grammatical errors in the above post.

My Last.fm
the dream theater thread is pretty good...

seriously, Awake is their best album. images and words is a good starting point and then scenes from a memory and everything else.

side note: whatever happened to the official recommendation thread that was being worked on for this forum?
Quote by Tantalus
Theres a Dream Theater only thread.

But Dream Theater is best listened to as an album instead of just singles.

i know there is a Dream theater thread, but i'm way too lazy to go hunting through there to find what i want

and yes i agree, dream theater is best listened to as an album, because it's so good it leaves you wanting more...which is why i started this thread

who recommends i just get the whole discography?
Last edited by mart69 at Oct 17, 2007,
personally i like hell's kitchen and everything on systematic chaos, score, and scenes from a memory.
Thanks for all the recommendations, so I'm just getting the whole discography, making this the first time I do so.

Thank you all
This could've been asked in the DT only thread...that's why it exists.

Go for Awake, it's my favourite album and it's pure epic. So much creativity involved in it, and the mixing in the album is awesome. So crystal-like sounds

Seriously? I ****ing hate the production. It's too trebly and mid-1990s for me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬