Okay i want BKPs but not sure which one is best. I have an Ibanez s series 7 string which is going through a 5150. the 2 humbuckers through the 5150 are a bit muddy especially doing palm mutes so this is a concern. Want something that just has a brutal tone but is good for blues and classic rock. Good harmonics, good palm mute clarity and something that may smooth my sound a bit.
get a mixture of two for the blues and classic rock go with the riff raffs and if u dont' want a real muddy tone then don't get stormy monday's. also warpigs are good for metal. your best bet though and this is what i did is email the folks at bare knuckle and tell them ur style of music ur guitar and the amp you are using and they will give u suggestions for the best pickups to use.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Nailbombs perhaps? But do as riffmasterjosh says and email or call them. They are very helpful and will make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.
i agree with contacting them. you could post on their forum too, for second opinions.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
okay i got an email saying i would be best with a ceramic warpig in the bridge and a ceramic cold sweat in the neck...

ceramics are a bit muddy no????
^lol no. ceramics are usually brighter and punchier than alnico magnets.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^Tim at Bareknuckle told me ceramic pickups tend to have less pronounced highs. They are also far more efficient than alnico magnets and therefore track the bass frequencies more precisely, resulting in a tighter, more defined sound.
contact Tim at BKP- I emailed him last night and got a reply today and he's really helpful =]

info@bareknucklepickups.com
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Nolly
^Tim at Bareknuckle told me ceramic pickups tend to have less pronounced highs. They are also far more efficient than alnico magnets and therefore track the bass frequencies more precisely, resulting in a tighter, more defined sound.

Ah i see. thats probably why. i do need a smoother sound so thats probably why he suggested it but i was unsure about cold sweats
Quote by zzany1
okay i got an email saying i would be best with a ceramic warpig in the bridge and a ceramic cold sweat in the neck...

ceramics are a bit muddy no????

no.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?